Mad Ants Acquire Jovan Mooring
The Fort Wayne Mad Ants, presented by Lutheran Health Network, the NBA G League affiliate of the Indiana Pacers, announced today they have acquired Jovan Mooring from the available player pool, pending a physical.
The 6-foot-2 guard began the season playing three games with the Grand Rapids Drive. He averaged 11.7 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game with the Detroit Pistons' affiliate.
Grand Rapids selected Mooring in the first round with the 13th overall pick in the 2018 NBA G League Draft.
He Played 65 career games at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, starting 48 of them. Across his college career, Mooring averaged 13.2 points, 2.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game. He earned third-team All-Mountain West Conference honors in 2016-17 with the Rebels.
The Mad Ants take on the Delaware Blue Coats on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. on ESPN+ at the newly constructed 76ers Fieldhouse. Fort Wayne returns home on Saturday to welcome the Canton Charge to the Coliseum.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Knicks' Stephen Zimmerman Named to USA World Cup Qualifying February Team - Westchester Knicks
- Michael Frazier II Named to February 2019 USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Knicks Return to Action Tomorrow Versus Red Claws - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Acquires Rafferty, Tarin - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Acquire Jovan Mooring - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Erie BayHawks Add Anthony "A.J." Mosby - Erie BayHawks
- Alex Poythress Transferred to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Long Island Nets Acquire Josh Newkirk - Long Island Nets
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.