Long Ball Sinks AirHogs Against Sox
Grand Prairie- The Amarillo Sox homered three times to beat the AirHogs 8-5 Sunday night at QuikTrip Park. With the win Sunday the Sox managed to split the series 2-2 with the AirHogs (18-17). Grand Prairie tried to mount a comeback late in the game scoring five runs in the final two innings, but it was not enough to beat the long ball effort of Amarillo. Keanon Simon went 3-for-5 for the AirHogs and had an RBI. In the bottom of the ninth Angel Flores had a double that drove in a run. He also scored twice himself including in that same inning. Kenny Held scored twice as well going 3-for-4 on the night. Held also recorded three RBI's.
Jorge Lugo was on the mound for the AirHogs. Lugo gets his first loss of the season. Lugo went five innings giving up six runs mostly on home runs. The Sox took him deep three times. Lugo did strike out three in his five innings. Derrick Miramontes came in in the sixth and pitched a perfect inning including a strikeout.
The AirHogs are off Monday and will travel to Sioux Falls to play the Canaries in a three game series that will begin Tuesday night.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 23, 2013
- Diablos win game and first series of the year - El Paso Diablos
- Long Ball Sinks AirHogs Against Sox - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Garceau, Big Inning Lead T-Bones Past Lemurs - Kansas City T-Bones
- Lemurs Lose Series to T-Bones - Laredo Lemurs
- Another Controversial Call Costs Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Record-Setting Day Ends in Walk-Off Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- American Association Recaps - AA
- Saints Can't Close Deal, Lose 8-7 on Walk off to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- 'Dogs and Goldeyes Rained out Sunday, Will Play D.H. July 30 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Goldeyes and Saltdogs Stymied by Rain Again - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 23rd, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Goldeyes Claim Sasaki, Scoma Moved to DL - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Birds fall in El Paso - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Diablos hit back at Canaries, winning 8-3 - El Paso Diablos
- X's Slip Past Wingnuts in Extras - Wichita Wingnuts
- Long Ball Takes Down Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- T-Bones Beat Laredo; Snap Losing Streak - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs