Lions Ink Linebacker Duo
(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club today announced the signing of import linebackers Alex Hoffman-Ellis and Dwayne Woods .
Hoffman -Ellis comes to Leos after an impressive three-year stint at Washington State from 2009 to 2011 where he appeared in 35 games, 33 as a starter notching 178 defensive tackles and four interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns. The California native signed as an undrafted free agent with the St. Louis Rams in 2012 and was most recently working at Portland State in the football team's strength and conditioning department.
Woods enjoyed a productive four-year career at Bowling Green recording 149 tackles over 49 career games while also adding six sacks, four interceptions and 24 tackles for a loss. He was a First-Team All-MAC selection in 2011 and led the MAC in tackles as a sophomore in 2010.
BC Lions Training Camp presented by Sun Peaks Resort begins on Sunday, June 1 in Kamloops, BC.
BC Lions season tickets for 2014 are on sale now - Season ticket holders save up to 27% on the cost of single game tickets and receive first option on their seats for playoffs and the 102nd Grey Cup. Call 604.589.ROAR or visit bclions.com today for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 20, 2014
- Riders Sign Linebacker Brandon Isaac - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Lions Ink Linebacker Duo - B.C. Lions
- Bombers Sign Defensive End Louis Nzegwu - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Riders Sign Defensive Back Marshay Green - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Riders Reach Season Ticket Sales Limit for 2014; Single Game Tickets Available May 31 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argonauts Host One Day Student Summit to Close 13th Season of Bullying Prevention Program - Toronto Argonauts
- Cory Huclack Announces Retirement - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Bombers Add Veteran NFL Running Back Kevin Smith - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.