Bombers Sign Defensive End Louis Nzegwu
WINNIPEG, MB., May 20, 2014 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has inked import defensive end Louis Nzegwu (niz-EGG-woo).
Nzegwu (6-4, 260, Wisconsin, May 15, 1989 in Platteville, WI) has spent time with Carolina, Miami and Atlanta of the NFL the past three seasons, after finishing a solid career with Wisconsin. In his senior year of 2011, Nzegwu started 14 games, led the Badgers with 4.5 sacks, recorded 38 tackles, seven tackles for loss, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. Overall, he played 48 games at Wisconsin, starting 27 of them, and finished his Badger career with 100 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, six quarterback pressures, two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and six passes defensed.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 20, 2014
- Riders Sign Linebacker Brandon Isaac - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Lions Ink Linebacker Duo - B.C. Lions
- Bombers Sign Defensive End Louis Nzegwu - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Riders Sign Defensive Back Marshay Green - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Riders Reach Season Ticket Sales Limit for 2014; Single Game Tickets Available May 31 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argonauts Host One Day Student Summit to Close 13th Season of Bullying Prevention Program - Toronto Argonauts
- Cory Huclack Announces Retirement - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Bombers Add Veteran NFL Running Back Kevin Smith - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.