Riders Sign Defensive Back Marshay Green
The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today that import defensive back Marshay Green has signed with the team. As per club policy financial details of the contract were not released.
Green (5'10 - 183) joins the Riders after spending the last four seasons in the NFL. The 28-year-old spent two seasons with the Arizona Cardinals after originally signing with the team as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He went on to spend the 2012 season with the Indianapolis Colts as well attended training camp in 2013.
Before going pro, the Louisiana native played four seasons at Mississippi registering 62 defensive tackles and two interceptions in 48 career collegiate games. He also added 93 punt returns for 917 yards and three touchdowns. Green was named the Defensive MVP of the 2009 Cotton Bowl.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 20, 2014
- Riders Sign Linebacker Brandon Isaac - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Lions Ink Linebacker Duo - B.C. Lions
- Bombers Sign Defensive End Louis Nzegwu - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Riders Sign Defensive Back Marshay Green - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Riders Reach Season Ticket Sales Limit for 2014; Single Game Tickets Available May 31 - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Argonauts Host One Day Student Summit to Close 13th Season of Bullying Prevention Program - Toronto Argonauts
- Cory Huclack Announces Retirement - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Bombers Add Veteran NFL Running Back Kevin Smith - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.