Lightning Prospect Dureau Named WHL Player of the Week
Calgary, Alta. - The Western Hockey League announced today that Portland Winterhawks forward Jaydon Dureau has been named WHL Player of the Week for the week ending December 5, 2021.
The Tampa Bay Lightning prospect led all WHL skaters with 10 points (3G-7A) in three outings for the Winterhawks last week.
Dureau, who hails from White City, Sask., began his week Wednesday, December 1 with a four-point effort (2G-2A) against the Prince George Cougars. The 20-year-old was named third star as Portland rallied from a two-goal deficit to defeat Prince George 6-2.
He then earned second star honours Saturday, December 4 after notching a goal and two helpers in a 5-4 overtime loss to the Victoria Royals.
Dureau capped off his week by registering three helpers Sunday, December 5, as the Winterhawks dispatched the Everett Silvertips 7-1. He recorded his 100th career WHL assist on teammate Cross Hanas' goal 6:54 into the second period.
The 5-foot-11, 172-pound forward was selected by Tampa Bay in the fifth round of the 2020 NHL Draft.
He was originally selected by the Portland Winterhawks in the eighth round of the 2016 WHL Draft. In 170 WHL regular season games, all with Portland, Dureau has amassed 148 points (47G-101A).
Dureau and the Winterhawks continue a season-long 11-game home stand Friday, December 10 when they open a two-game set with the Spokane Chiefs (7:00 p.m. PT, Veterans Memorial Coliseum).
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2021
- Teddy Bear Toss Set for Saturday Night - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Klavdiev to Represent Belarus - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Chiefs Acquire Two Forwards and Draft Pick from Winnipeg in Exchange for Jack Finley - Spokane Chiefs
- ICE Acquire Tampa Bay Lightning Prospect Jack Finley from Spokane - Winnipeg Ice
- Superstore Design-A-Jersey UnveilEd - Saskatoon Blades
- Kruger Earns Goalie of the Week Honours - Brandon Wheat Kings
- What's on Tap- December 11th - Prince George Cougars
- Preview: Rockets at Thunderbirds and Silvertips - Kelowna Rockets
- Seattle Sends Martin to Vancouver - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Despite 1-2 Record, Warriors Pleased with Alberta Road Trip - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Lightning Prospect Dureau Named WHL Player of the Week - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Acquire Goaltender Connor Martin from Seattle Thunderbirds - Vancouver Giants
- Tigers' Teddy Bear Toss Totals Announced - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Tigers Name Baker Captain - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Wheat Kings Netminder Kruger Named WHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Lightning Prospect Dureau Named WHL Player of the Week - WHL
- Oil Kings Acquire Friedt-Mohr from Spokane - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Chiefs Trade Friedt-Mohr to Edmonton - Spokane Chiefs
- Matthew Ng Unleashes the Bears on Teddy Bear Toss - Everett Silvertips
- Rebels Roar Back from Three Goals Down to Record OT Win over Hitmen - Red Deer Rebels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Winterhawks Stories
- Winterhawks to Host Rose Quarter Community Skate at VMC this Friday
- Winterhawks Weekly: Hawks Push Point Streak to Eight Straight with Five-Point Weekend
- Winterhawks Earn Five of Possible Six Points After Beating Kamloops 5-2 on Sunday
- Game Day Hub: Jan 16 vs Kamloops
- Hawks Extend Point Streak to Seven Straight on Saturday Night