Legion FC to Play at North Carolina FC on Wednesday in USL Championship Playoffs
BIRMINGHAM, AL - Birmingham Legion FC has advanced to the 2019 USL Championship Playoffs and will travel to Cary, NC to take on North Carolina FC on Wednesday, October 23 in the first round. Birmingham is the only Eastern Conference expansion team to make the playoffs this season.
The first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs will consist of two play-in games in which the No. 7 seed (North Carolina) will host the No. 10 seed (Birmingham), and the No. 8 seed (Ottawa Fury FC) will host the No. 9 seed (Charleston Battery). The lower advancing seed will face the top team in the standings (Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC), and the higher advancing seed will take on second-place Nashville SC in the Conference Quarterfinals.
The Eastern and Western Conference Quarterfinals will then be held on October 26-27, with the four games in the Conference Semifinals set for the weekend of November 1-3. The Eastern and Western Conference Final will be held on the weekend of November 8-10, with the Conference Champions advancing to the USL Championship Final on November 17.
Following the conclusion of the Play-In Round, the 2019 USL Championship Playoffs will operate on a fixed bracket with no re-seeding following the Conference Quarterfinals and Semifinals. Each round consists of one single elimination match.
Legion FC at North Carolina FC will air live locally on My68 and ESPN+. Every game of the postseason prior to the 2019 USL Championship Final will air in the United States on ESPN+, and the final will air on ESPN2.
All times and dates are subject to change:
2019 USL Championship Playoffs Play-In Round - Wednesday, October 23
Conference Quarterfinals - October 26-27
Conference Semifinals - November 1-3
Conference Finals - November 8-10
2019 USL Championship Final - Sunday, November 17
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 20, 2019
- Legion FC to Play at North Carolina FC on Wednesday in USL Championship Playoffs - Birmingham Legion FC
- Legion FC Drops Last Match Before Playoffs to Pittsburgh in Final Minutes - Birmingham Legion FC
- Hounds Clinch No. 1 Seed, Defeat Birmingham, 1-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Bracket Set for 2019 USL Championship Playoffs - USL
- Nashville SC Locks in No. 2 Seed in Eastern Conference - Nashville SC
- OCSC End 2019 Regular Season on a High Note - Orange County SC
- Big Win, Help Lifts United to Playoff Berth - New Mexico United
- Tacoma Defiance Concludes Season with 3-1 Home Victory - Tacoma Defiance
- El Paso Locomotive Begins Postseason Play in Fresno on Saturday, October 26 in the USL Championship Conference Quarterfinal - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Nine-Man Foxes Side Falls at Orange County to End Regular Season - Fresno FC
- Lights FC Closes out 2019 Season - Las Vegas Lights FC
- LouCity Secures Slugger with 2-1 Win over Memphis 901 - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Birmingham Legion FC Stories
- Bruno Lapa Signs New Multi-Year Deal with Legion FC
- Two Legion FC Players Named to 2020 USL Championship All-League Teams
- Bruno Lapa Wins Fan's Choice Award, Team MVP
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southeast Division Members
- Alex Crognale Named Legion FC Defensive Player of the Year