OCSC End 2019 Regular Season on a High Note
Orange County SC welcomed Fresno FC for the final match of the 2019 season. The match started quietly, with both teams offering little in terms of dangerous attacks.
Qudus Lawal picked up a booking just before the half hour mark after a bad tackle.
Fresno had a dangerous opportunity from a set piece in the 41st minute, but Qudus Lawal was again booked for a foul, negating the opportunity on goal and leaving the visitors with 10 men.
Just a few minutes later, Aodhan Quinn delivered a pinpoint cross on a corner. Harry Forrester had broken free from his man and met the ball in the air, heading it in to open the scoring.
The second half opened and featured more chances for OC, as Fresno looked to sit back and limit the danger as much as possible.
Orange County built repeated attacks, with Forrester just missing out on his second goal of the night, but could not find a goal from the run of play.
Fresno almost capitalized on an errant back pass, but Frederik Due rushed out and was able to smother the shot from Bustamante.
Back on the attack, Orange County caused chaos in the Fresno box in the final 10 minutes. OC were able to break through the Fresno defense and aent CJ Cochran the wrong way with a shot. But the shot did not go in: Ramon del Campo intervened with his arm and saw red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity five minutes before time.
Aodhan Quinn converted the ensuing penalty and OCSC strolled through the final few minutes of the match, largely uncontested in their pursuit of a third goal.
Orange County clinched fifth place with their win, and will travel back to Utah next weekend to start the playoffs.
45' Harry Forrester (Aodhan Quinn)
87' Aodhan Quinn
29' Qudus Lawal (yellow)
34' Seth Moses (yellow)
41' Qudus Lawal (second yellow, red)
86' Ramon del Campo (red)
87' Sam Strong (yellow)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 20, 2019
- Legion FC to Play at North Carolina FC on Wednesday in USL Championship Playoffs - Birmingham Legion FC
- Legion FC Drops Last Match Before Playoffs to Pittsburgh in Final Minutes - Birmingham Legion FC
- Hounds Clinch No. 1 Seed, Defeat Birmingham, 1-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Bracket Set for 2019 USL Championship Playoffs - USL
- Nashville SC Locks in No. 2 Seed in Eastern Conference - Nashville SC
- OCSC End 2019 Regular Season on a High Note - Orange County SC
- Big Win, Help Lifts United to Playoff Berth - New Mexico United
- Tacoma Defiance Concludes Season with 3-1 Home Victory - Tacoma Defiance
- El Paso Locomotive Begins Postseason Play in Fresno on Saturday, October 26 in the USL Championship Conference Quarterfinal - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Nine-Man Foxes Side Falls at Orange County to End Regular Season - Fresno FC
- Lights FC Closes out 2019 Season - Las Vegas Lights FC
- LouCity Secures Slugger with 2-1 Win over Memphis 901 - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- OCSC Signs USL League One Golden Boot Winner Ronaldo Damus
- Orange County SC Sign Former Real Madrid Forward Eero Markkanen
- Orange County SC Signs Former German Youth International, Patrick Rakovsky
- Orange County SC Signs Former Finland U-21 International Mikko Kuningas
- Orange County SC Signs Former Reno 1868 FC Captain Brent Richards