Legends Streak Past Blue
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends (3-1) built up a three-game win streak with a 117-94 victory over the Oklahoma City Blue (2-3) in a Monday matinee in Frisco.
Isaiah Roby opened the scoring with a dunk for the Blue. The home team took the lead midway through and used an 18-6 streak to the buzzer to make it a double-digit deficit they would carry through the final minutes. Texas found their difference outside the perimeter, shooting 44% and hitting a season-high 18 long balls on the night.
Justin Jackson led all scorers hitting 8-of-12 outside for 33 points while adding 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Carlik Jones added 25 point, 9 assists, and 2 steals. Feron Hunt tallied 19 points, 9 rebounds, and Olin Carter III came off the bench for 16 points, 4 assists.
Roby and Georgios Kalaitzakis led the Blue with 19 points apiece while Lindy Waters III added 17 points, 8 rebounds. Melvin Frazier Jr. finished with 11 points, 3 assists, and Theo Maledon rounded out the double-digit scorers with 10 point, 5 rebounds.
The teams will have two more rounds this week as the Legends travel to Oklahoma City to face off Wednesday and Friday. Both games tip at 7pm CT. For more information or the full season schedule call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 17, 2022
- Series Preview: vs Lakers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Spurs Handle Rio Grande Valley, 127-124 - Austin Spurs
- Spurs Forward/Center Zach Collins Makes Return to Play - Austin Spurs
- Queen Reaches Career High Despite Loss to Austin - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends Streak Past Blue - Texas Legends
- Greensboro Triumphant over Capital City - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Warriors Dominate Stockton Kings, 124-91 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Coats Defeat Gold 125-118 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Long Island's Sharp Shooting Lifts Nets over Celtics - Long Island Nets
- Nets Bury 20 Threes to Defeat Maine Celtics - Maine Celtics
- Delaware Blue Coats Capture a Victory in First Home Game of 2022 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Two Rio Grande Valley Vipers Suspended - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Two Rio Grande Valley Vipers Suspended - G League
- Stars Host Hustle for Back-To-Back Games at SLCC - Salt Lake City Stars
- Mad Ants Make Trade with Grand Rapids - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Legends Partner with Thrivent, Paul Quinn College to Celebrate MLK Day - Texas Legends
- Wisconsin Herd Partners with BMO and NAMI Oshkosh to Promote Mental Health - Wisconsin Herd
- Lakers Attacked by the Wolves, Drop Home Contest to Iowa - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.