Legends Host Military Appreciation Night
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends are partnering with Swypit to celebrate America's true legends this Saturday as they host their 11th annual Military Appreciation Night, benefiting Folds of Honor and American Fallen Soldiers Project.
Folds of Honor provides scholarships to the spouses and children of fallen and disabled service members. The organization was founded to honor the sacrifices of America's heroes, while educating their legacy, giving hope to the future.
American Fallen Soldiers Project strives to leave a lasting impact on the families of fallen soldiers through a hand painted portrait of their loved one. Artist Phil Taylor has presented hundreds of portraits to the families of America's fallen heroes since the inception of AFSP in 2007 striving to use his gift to give back and to ensure that the sacrifice is never forgotten.
"We believe we have this platform of basketball for a reason, and we want to use it to honor those who are true heroes in this community," said Legends President Malcolm Farmer. "Our military night is always one of our biggest nights of the year because it gives our fans, players, and staff the opportunity to say thank you in a big, unified gesture."
Prior to the game, the Legends will hold a 21-gun salute and moment of silence for all our fallen heroes. Throughout the game there will be opportunities to recognize and celebrate those who have served, those currently serving, and the families of all service members. The night will center around serving those who have served.
"This night is very special to me, my family, and our staff," said Kevin Hodes, President of Swypit. "We believe in giving back to those who have given so much for our country and our freedoms, and this is one way we say thank you."
For more information on Folds of Honor, visit foldsofhonor.org. To learn more about AFSP, visit americanfallensoldiers.com.
The Legends will host the South Bay Lakers this Saturday at 7:30pm and the game will be broadcast live on Bally Sports Southwest Plus. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 25, 2022
- Santa Cruz Falls to Rio Grande Valley, 134-110 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Texas Legends Split Series with Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Skyhawks Win Nail-Biter against Long Island Nets - College Park Skyhawks
- Iowa Wolves Add Chris Walker - Iowa Wolves
- NBA G League News & Notes: January 25 - G League
- Legends Host Military Appreciation Night - Texas Legends
- Nix Earns NBA G League Player of the Week Honors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Greensboro Swarm Make Roster Move - Greensboro Swarm
- Taylor's Career Day Propels Mad Ants to Overtime Win over Maine - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Turnovers Cost Maine in OT Loss to Mad Ants - Maine Celtics
- Vipers Add Phillip Wheeler and Jordan Tucker to Roster - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stars Host Junior Jazz Night at Vivint Arena January 28 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Knicks' Williams Makes History as 905 Outlasts Westchester - Westchester Knicks
- Clippers Suffer First Loss of the Season to Kings - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Oklahoma City Outlasts Birmingham in Shootout - Birmingham Squadron
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.