Legends Fall in Final Seconds to Warriors
FRISCO, TX, (Feb. 18, 2015) - The Texas Legends hosted the Santa Cruz Warriors in their second matchup of the season. After 17 lead changes and nine ties, the Warriors left the home crowd disappointed stealing a 107-110 victory.
The Legends took the lead immediately and held on through the first quarter behind 10 points each from Renaldo Balkman and Mike James. The Warriors fought back in the second to outscore Texas 29-20 and take a seven point lead into the locker room. William Buford and Eric Griffin came out firing as the Legends shot 72% and grabbed 11 rebounds to the Warriors' five to take an 86-84 lead into the final minutes. Griffin hit two free throws to increase the lead to four in the initial seconds, but Santa Cruz responded with a 14-0 run to take their largest lead of the game halfway through. The Legends answered back with a 14-1 run to regain the lead for the final time. James Michael McAdoo knocked down back to back jumpers and the Warriors held on for the final seconds to clutch the victory.
Eric Griffin led the Legends with 24 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists. William Buford followed closely with 22 points while Renaldo Balkman added 21 points, 7 steals. Mike James grabbed another triple-double of 19 points, 10 rebounds and 11 assists.
Elliot Williams posted a game-high 33 points to lead the Warriors and Ognjen Kuzmic added the team's only double-double of 14 points, 10 rebounds.
The Legends will return to the court Friday to host the Oklahoma City Blue at 7pm. The game will be broadcast live on television-KTXD47-and radio-KVCE1160am.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2015
- Vipers Steam Red Claws 110-95 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Drive Use Late Run to Beat Mad Ants - Grand Rapids Drive
- Kevin Murphy Returns to Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights, Future 2nd Round Pick in Trade with Westchester - Texas Legends
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Doron Lamb - Westchester Knicks
- Santa Cruz's James Michael McAdoo Earns Gatorade Call-Up to Golden State - G League
- Warriors Sign James Michael McAdoo for Remainder of the Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Make Roster Moves - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign JaMychal Green to Second 10-Day Contract - Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs to Host First Responders Night on March 1 - Austin Spurs
- Rockets Assign Capela and Johnson to NBA D-League's Rio Grande Valley Vipers - G League
- Spurs Spoil Cooley's Night - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Fall in Final Seconds to Warriors - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.