Drive Use Late Run to Beat Mad Ants
Grand Rapids, MI- Feb. 19, 2015 - The Grand Rapids Drive (16-15) topped the division-leading Fort Wayne Mad Ants (20-14) at home on Thursday night by a score of 94-80. The win snaps a three-game losing streak for the Drive.
The Mad Ants had the momentum early, grabbing a nine-point lead by the end of the first quarter on the strength of holding the Drive to just 19 points. Grand Rapids battled back to knock their opponents' lead to just one going into the final quarter.
It was all Drive from there, as they had a fantastic fourth quarter, holding the Mad Ants to just 11 points. The 80 points was also the lowest total allowed by Grand Rapids since January 17.
Willie Reed was a force on both ends of the floor for the Drive, narrowly missing a 20-20 game with 19 points and 18 rebounds. Kelsey Barlow and Manny Atkins had 19 and 16 points, respectively, both off the bench.
Andre Emmett supplied the majority of the offense for the Mad Ants, as his 29 points were a game high, and he added 14 rebounds. CJ Fair added 20 points off the bench.
Fort Wayne struggled to shoot the ball from outside, attempting 29 three-pointers in the game and connecting on only four, a dismal 14 percent. They shot just 35 percent overall on the night.
The Drive host Canton on Saturday, February 22, and then will face the Mad Ants again the next day. The Mad Ants will travel to Westchester for a game on Friday night before hosting the Drive that Sunday.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2015
- Vipers Steam Red Claws 110-95 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Drive Use Late Run to Beat Mad Ants - Grand Rapids Drive
- Kevin Murphy Returns to Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Acquire Returning Player Rights, Future 2nd Round Pick in Trade with Westchester - Texas Legends
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Doron Lamb - Westchester Knicks
- Santa Cruz's James Michael McAdoo Earns Gatorade Call-Up to Golden State - G League
- Warriors Sign James Michael McAdoo for Remainder of the Season - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Mad Ants Make Roster Moves - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign JaMychal Green to Second 10-Day Contract - Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs to Host First Responders Night on March 1 - Austin Spurs
- Rockets Assign Capela and Johnson to NBA D-League's Rio Grande Valley Vipers - G League
- Spurs Spoil Cooley's Night - Idaho Stampede
- Legends Fall in Final Seconds to Warriors - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.