Legends Announce Return of Television Broadcast Team
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends have announced the return of an all-star talent team for their television broadcasts. Jared Sandler of 105.3 The Fan will return as play-by-play and will be joined by former Bucknell standout Ibrahim Badmus and former Legends guard Booker Woodfox rotating in for color commentary.
Sandler, now in his fourth season with the Legends' TV crew, graduated from the University of Southern California with a B.A. in Communications. The Dallas native began his broadcasting career calling minor league baseball and has worked his way up to broadcaster for the Texas Rangers Radio Network. Sandler returns to the Legends as full-time play-by-play host as well as expanding his role in special features for the Legends media team.
"Jared has become an integral part of this team," said Malcolm Farmer, President and General Manager of the Legends. "We're excited to have him back for the tenth season as we all work together to make this a full season of celebration."
Badmus returns for his second season of broadcasts with the Legends. Currently a director with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Badmus played college basketball while earning his degree in political science and government at Bucknell University, earning Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year. The Chicago native played overseas in Germany and Brazil before going on to earn his M.B.A. at Benedictine University.
"Abe did a great job with us last season and was really a standout in his first venture into broadcasting," Farmer commented. "The duo of him and Jared (Sandler) worked really well and we're pleased to bring him back."
Woodfox also returns for his second season of broadcasting but is entering his 10th season with the Legends. The Lewisville, TX native played for the Legends in their inaugural season and three seasons after that while also playing professionally overseas until 2017. Woodfox now owns and operates a basketball academy in Lewisville, partnering with the Legends.
"Booker was around so often and was naturally a part of the team so it just made sense to bring him on in a more formal role," said Farmer. "We asked him to give the broadcast a try last year and his knowledge of the game and our organization made him a natural. He's a great fit with our TV team."
All Legends home games will be broadcast on Fox Sports Southwest, Southwest Plus, or Fox Sports GO. For the full broadcast schedule visit www.TexLegends.com.
The live TV broadcasts begin with the home opener Saturday, Nov. 9th as the Legends host the Memphis Hustle, affiliate of the Grizzlies, at 7:30pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 4, 2019
- Lakeland Magic Waive Three and Finalize Roster - Lakeland Magic
- South Bay Lakers Set Opening Night Roster - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Sign Free Agent B.J. Johnson to a Two-Way Contract - Lakeland Magic
- Phoenix Suns GM James Jones Buys Block of Tickets for NAZ Suns Sparklight Opening Night - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie County Technical School & Erie BayHawks Unveil Flagship Cannon Project - Erie BayHawks
- Legends Announce Return of Television Broadcast Team - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente Partner to Promote Healthy and Family-Friendly Activities - Stockton Kings
- Delaware Blue Coats Launch 'Blue Coats Week' - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Waive Three Players - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle Announce Final Roster - Memphis Hustle
- Greensboro Swarm Waive Flemmings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd