Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente Partner to Promote Healthy and Family-Friendly Activities
Today, the Stockton Kings - the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings - officially announced a multi-year partnership with Kaiser Permanente to advance community health in the San Joaquin Valley.
For the new season, the Stockton Kings will introduce "Thrive Zone" presented by Kaiser Permanente which will provide family-friendly fun to fans in attendance at the Stockton Arena during the 24 Stockton Kings home games. The Thrive Zone will be located on the main concourse at the top of Section 120. It will feature seven interactive, oversized games for fans to enjoy and will help promote healthy behaviors while inspiring movement and play - both principles Kaiser Permanente and the Stockton Kings actively implement in their communities.
"Our partnership with Kaiser Permanente helps us activate the Kings organization's mission to be a positive agent of change in our community. It is only right that we celebrate the tip-off of our second season in Stockton with youth-focused activations that encourage and educate a healthy lifestyle," said Stockton Kings Vice President of Business Operations Dustin Toms. "Building off of our Thrive Week celebrations, the new Thrive Zone presented by Kaiser Permanente will further elevate the family-friendly experience for each and every fan that comes to a Stockton Kings game - providing them a safe, fun place to play throughout the season."
Kaiser Permanente, the country's largest integrated non-profit health care system and a trusted authority in sports medicine, will be the presenting sponsor of the Stockton Kings 2019-20 season as well as the official team physician and healthcare provider of the Stockton Kings.
Through this partnership, the Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente anticipate making a positive impact in the Stockton community and surrounding areas by teaching health and wellness to local youth attending Stockton area schools
"Our partnership with the Stockton Kings is a great example of how our organizations are united in creating opportunities to make a real and lasting impact on community health," said Corwin Harper, Senior Vice President and Area Manager for Kaiser Permanente Central Valley "I'm most excited about the youth-focused programs in the Greater Stockton area that will help support healthier school environments by inspiring students to build habits around mindfulness, healthy eating and active lifestyles."
This week, the Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente will activate two of Kaiser Permanente's five community pillars - Housing and Homelessness, and Public Safety - as part of a "Thrive Week" celebrating the upcoming NBA G League 2019-20 season. On Tuesday, November 5, Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente staff will spend the morning volunteering at Gospel Center Rescue Mission to help improve their facility by cleaning the basement, chapel walls, pulling weeds and more. On Wednesday, November 6, the Stockton Kings will host youth from Lord's Gym City Center and Peaceful Warriors Movement to play basketball games against the Stockton Police Department. A sports medicine physician led pre-game health and wellness related warm-up demonstration also will be presented by Kaiser Permanente.
The Thrive Zone presented by Kaiser Permanente will open for the first time on Friday, November 8 at the Stockton Kings home opener as they face the Santa Cruz Warriors at the Stockton Arena. Opening Night will also debut the return of the "Friday Family Feast" menu featuring food and beverage options ranging from $1 - $4. Tickets are available at StocktonKings.com/Tickets.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 4, 2019
- Lakeland Magic Waive Three and Finalize Roster - Lakeland Magic
- South Bay Lakers Set Opening Night Roster - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Sign Free Agent B.J. Johnson to a Two-Way Contract - Lakeland Magic
- Phoenix Suns GM James Jones Buys Block of Tickets for NAZ Suns Sparklight Opening Night - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie County Technical School & Erie BayHawks Unveil Flagship Cannon Project - Erie BayHawks
- Legends Announce Return of Television Broadcast Team - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente Partner to Promote Healthy and Family-Friendly Activities - Stockton Kings
- Delaware Blue Coats Launch 'Blue Coats Week' - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Waive Three Players - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle Announce Final Roster - Memphis Hustle
- Greensboro Swarm Waive Flemmings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings Season Update
- Stockton Kings to Host and Participate in Holiday Efforts to Benefit Local Students and Families
- Stockton Kings Reflect on Successes of 2019-20 Season Following NBA G League Canceling Remainder of Games Due to COVID-19
- In this Together: 209 Strong
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season