Delaware Blue Coats Launch 'Blue Coats Week'
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats, the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, announced today that it will launch Blue Coats Week, beginning today, Monday, Nov. 4. This Wednesday at Blue Coats Media Day, Wilmington Mayor Mike Purzycki will officially declare Blue Coats Week as the official annual recognition of the week leading up to the team's home opener.
Throughout the week, the Blue Coats street team, mascot Coaty and a DJ can be found with special giveaways at various local establishments. Tonight, from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., the Blue Coats and Chick-fil-A Christiana (4657 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, Delaware) will team up for Kid's Night to kick off Blue Coats Week festivities.
On Tuesday, Nov. 5, at 5:30 p.m., Kid Shelleen's (1801 W. 14th Street, Wilmington, Delaware) will debut its all-new Blue Coats Burger, while on Wednesday evening, the Blue Coats will host free public ice skating from 6:30 - 7:45 at Skate Club of Wilmington (1301 Carruthers Lane, Wilmington, Delaware).
Blue Coats Week concludes with a pair of parties on Thursday, Nov. 7 and Friday, Nov. 8. Thursday, the Blue Coats will host "Timothy's Takeover" from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Timothy's Restaurant and Sports Bar in Riverfront Wilmington (930 Justison Street, Wilmington, Delaware, 19801). Fans at Timothy's will enjoy an exclusive special-15 percent off all orders when mentioning the Blue Coats. The next day, the Delaware Children's Museum (550 Justison Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19801) will host Family Game Night from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. Both parties are set to include appearances from Coaty and company.
Additionally, T-shirts and season schedules will be distributed to fans via the Blue Coats' branded bus routed through Wilmington during Blue Coats week.
The Blue Coats open the 2019-20 season on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. against the Maine Red Claws at 76ers Fieldhouse. This Health & Fitness Night contest will feature new 76ers Fieldhouse tenants, and Blue Coats partners, Nemours Sports Medicine and Titus Sports Academy. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the first 500 families in attendance will receive a Nemours Family Pack. Concourse experiences are set to include a live encampment featuring the 1st Delaware Regiment, the official debut of the Blue Coats House Band from the Paul Green Rock Academy and more.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 4, 2019
- Lakeland Magic Waive Three and Finalize Roster - Lakeland Magic
- South Bay Lakers Set Opening Night Roster - South Bay Lakers
- Magic Sign Free Agent B.J. Johnson to a Two-Way Contract - Lakeland Magic
- Phoenix Suns GM James Jones Buys Block of Tickets for NAZ Suns Sparklight Opening Night - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie County Technical School & Erie BayHawks Unveil Flagship Cannon Project - Erie BayHawks
- Legends Announce Return of Television Broadcast Team - Texas Legends
- Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente Partner to Promote Healthy and Family-Friendly Activities - Stockton Kings
- Delaware Blue Coats Launch 'Blue Coats Week' - Delaware Blue Coats
- Austin Spurs Waive Three Players - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Hustle Announce Final Roster - Memphis Hustle
- Greensboro Swarm Waive Flemmings - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2021 Roster
- Delaware Blue Coats Select Jemerrio Jones and Braxton Key in 2021 NBA G League Draft
- Delaware Blue Coats to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season
- Blue Coats Assistant GM Jameer Nelson Provides Gifts to Nine Local Families
- Blue Coats Broadcast Academy Powered by Rowan Radio Set to Hit Airwaves