Legends Acquire Jarrid Famous from Iowa
FRISCO, TX (Feb. 24, 2015)-- The Texas Legends today announced that they have acquired center Jarrid Famous in a trade with the Iowa Energy. In return, Texas sends its own original 3rd round pick in the 2015 NBA D-League Draft. The trade is pending successful completion of a physical.
Famous (6-11, 240, South Florida) spent two years at the University of South Florida averaging 2.4 points, 6.5 rebounds. In his rookie season, Famous averaged 13.9 points and 9.7 rebounds in 16 games with the Iowa Energy and Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Famous spent last season abroad with Tadamon Zouk in the Lebanese Division A before returning to Iowa for 10 games of this season in which he has averaged 12.4 points and 15.9 rebounds.
The Texas Legends will host the Austin Spurs Saturday, Feb 28th at 7pm on Chihuahua Court at Dr Pepper Arena. For tickets or information on the team visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 24, 2015
- Hopson Sets Single-Game Franchise Scoring Record - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bighorns Fall on the Road to the Skyforce - Reno Bighorns
- Energy Acquire Legends' 2015 Third Round Draft - Iowa Wolves
- Legends Acquire Jarrid Famous from Iowa - Texas Legends
- Jazz Assign Ian Clark to NBA D-League's Idaho Stampede - G League
- Clippers Sign Jordan Hamilton to 10-Day Contract - Reno Bighorns
- Clippers Sign Jordan Hamilton from NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns - G League
- Jazz Assign Ian Clark to D-League's Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Charge Fall In Delaware Despite Paul's Big Day - Canton Charge
- Sim Bhullar to Appear on "The Late Late Show" - Reno Bighorns
- Jazz Sign Cooley and Cotton from NBA D-League - Austin Spurs
- Jazz Sign Cooley and Cotton from NBA D-League - G League
- Jazz Sign Jack Cooley to 10-Day Contract - Idaho Stampede
- Grand Rapids Drive to Host First Annual Artist Showcase - Grand Rapids Drive
- Mad Ants Welcome Ladies' Night - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.