Late Home Run Topples Aviators 4-3
HANOVER PARK, IL - A late-inning two-run home run by Tony Delmonico gave the Schaumburg Boomers a 4-3 victory over the Rockford Aviators, presented by Pearson, tonight at Boomers Stadium.
The Boomers got on the board first in the bottom of the third inning when Delmonico singled to drive in Joe DePinto to give the Boomers an early 1-0 lead.
The Aviators responded with a big fourth inning, scoring two runs on three hits. Kenny Bryant tallied a RBI double that scored Tanner Witt and Edgar Corcino singled to score Dusty Robinson to make it 2-1 Aviators.
However, the Aviators lead disappear in the bottom half of the inning when Jordan Dean drove in Gerard Hall to square the game up at two a piece.
In the top of the fifth inning, Witt drove in a run of his own, bringing in Kyle Dhanani from second after he doubled to lead off the inning.
Kyle Hassna pitched a quality start for the Aviators by going six innings and allowing just two runs on eight hits while walking two and striking out seven batters, but would ultimately earn the no-decision.
In the bottom of the seventh inning, Delmonico hit a two-run home run off Michael Schaub to give the Boomers a 4-3 lead and they never looked back.
With the win, the Boomers move into a half-game lead in the West Division over the River City Rascals.
The Aviators and Boomers will square off again tomorrow afternoon at 1:00 p.m. at Boomers Stadium in Hanover Park, IL. Fans can listen to the game on the Meridix Network. The link to the broadcast can be found at www.rockfordaviators.com.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from August 26, 2014
- Greys Defeat Grizzlies in Series Opener - Gateway Grizzlies
- Florence Runs Away Late from Joliet - Florence Y'alls
- Slammers Lose 6-1 to Florence to End 3-Game Win Streak - Joliet Slammers
- CornBelters Ride Big Opening Inning to 4th Straight Win - Normal CornBelters
- Miners Rally, But Fall In Traverse City Opener - Southern Illinois Miners
- Boomers Overcome Aviators - Schaumburg Boomers
- Seven-Run First Inning Boosts Beach Bums to 8-7 Win - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Late Home Run Topples Aviators 4-3 - Rockford Aviators
- August 26 Florence Freedom Game Notes - Florence Y'alls
- Pete Rose to Lead off for the Freedom on September 2 - Florence Y'alls
- Brueggemann Earns Pitcher of the Week Honors - Rockford Aviators
- Matt Sergey Named Frontier League Co-Pitcher-Of-The-Week - Washington Wild Things
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.