LAFC's Bradley Receives Honor After Earning His Third MLS Coach of the Year Award
The Los Angeles Sports Council today named Bob Bradley from the Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) as the 2019 Coach of the Year. Bradley will be honored at the 15th annual LA Sports Awards, to be held Thursday, February 20 at The Beverly Hilton.
Bradley, one of America's most honored coaches, was saluted for perhaps his best performance ever, as he was named Major League Soccer Coach of the Year for the third time in 2019. In the team's second season, he led LAFC to not only the Supporters' Shield for the top regular-season record, but his team also set an MLS record for the most points in a season with 72 and tied the single-season goals record with 85. The club finished the year with a sparkling 21-4-9 record.
Last year, LAFCs President and Co-Owner Tom Penn was honored as the L.A. Sports Council's 2018 Sports Executive Of The Year.
The acclaimed LA Sports Awards were created in 2005 by the Los Angeles Sports Council to commemorate the greatest sports moments of the year in the Los Angeles/Orange County area and to honor those individuals whose performances were exemplary.
The ceremony also will feature the presentation of the Sportsman, Sportswoman, and Coach of the Year, plus a countdown of 2019's Top Ten moments. The star-studded gala will be taped and later broadcast on FOX Sports West/Prime Ticket.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 22, 2020
- Timbers Midfielder Andres Flores Undergoes Surgery to Repair Medial Meniscus Tear - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Opens Preseason Play with Closed-Door Scrimmage against Uruguayan Side Penarol - Seattle Sounders FC
- San Jose Earthquakes Score Big with Intermedia Cloud Communications Partnership - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC's Bradley Receives Honor After Earning His Third MLS Coach of the Year Award - Los Angeles FC
- Whitecaps FC Acquire Erik Godoy Via Transfer from Club Atletico Colon - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Michael Bradley Injury Update - Toronto FC
- Whitecaps FC Celebrate Volunteers from 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympics - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MNUFC Signs Fred Emmings as First Homegrown Player - Minnesota United FC
- Nashville SC Single Game Tickets on Sale Now to General Public - Nashville SC
- Individual Tickets for All Houston Dynamo Home Matches on Sale Now - Houston Dynamo
- Tickets Now on Sale for Home Opener at Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC Sign Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty - Toronto FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Signs Two-Time Golden Boot Winner Bradley Wright-Phillips
- LAFC Acquires up to $1.25 Million in Allocation Money from Nashville SC in Exchange for Walker Zimmerman
- LAFC and Forward Josh Perez Mutually Agree to Part Ways
- LAFC Unveils New Primary Black Jersey for 2020-21 Seasons
- LAFC Celebrates Jersey Release with Four Day Community Event Beginning Wednesday, February 5