LAFC to Play Philadelphia Union on Saturday Evening at Talen Energy Stadium
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) heads to Pennsylvania to take on the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, September 14 at Talen Energy Stadium. Tomorrow's match is scheduled to kick off at 4:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast on YouTube TV, Univision KVMD, ESPN 710 AM, and 980 AM "La Mera Mera'.
Following Houston's 2-0 victory over Minnesota on Wednesday night, LAFC officially clinched the top spot in the Western Conference, securing a first-round bye in the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs and a spot in the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The Club will also have the chance to secure the Supporters' Shield this weekend if:
LAFC wins vs. Philadelphia Union AND
NYCFC loses vs. San Jose Earthquakes AND
Atlanta United loses/ties vs. Columbus Crew SC
Saturday's contest will be the first and only regular season meeting between LAFC and the Union, and it will also mark the Club's first-ever trip to Talen Energy Stadium. Last year, Adama Diomande registered LAFC's first hat-trick in Club history during the 4-1 win over Philadelphia on June 30 - scoring all three goals during a 30-minute span.
The Black & Gold, missing seven players due to international duty and Carlos Vela due to injury, battled Orlando City SC to a 2-2 draw at Exploria Stadium last weekend. Forward Adrien Perez tallied his first MLS goal in his first start for LAFC, while forward Diego Rossi notched his 15th goal of the season to salvage a point on the road.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia was one of nine teams that did not see any action during the FIFA window. The Eastern Conference side currently sits in second place in the East with a 15-8-6 (51 pts.) record. At home, the team is 10-2-3, with its last defeat taking place on May 25 - a 3-1 loss against the Portland Timbers.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 13, 2019
- Sounders FC Honors Founding Owner Joe Roth at Sunday's Match, Reminds Fans of Kickoff Time Change - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Impact Takes on FC Cincinnati at Stade Saputo Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Atlanta United Tomorrow Night - Columbus Crew SC
- #CHIvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Orlando City SC - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Announces Ownership Change and Relocation - Chicago Fire
- LAFC to Play Philadelphia Union on Saturday Evening at Talen Energy Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines: City vs. New England Revolution - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew SC - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: New York Begin West Coast Trip at Seattle on Sunday - New York Red Bulls
- Orlando City Host New England in Crucial Eastern Conference Match - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting and LA Set for Sunday Night Showdown - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC to Face San Jose Earthquakes Sunday Night at Banc of California Stadium
- LAFC Forward Bradley Wright-Phillips Voted MLS Player of the Week
- LAFC Routs Vancouver Whitecaps FC 6-0 on Wednesday Night
- Defender Danilo Silva Announces Retirement
- LAFC to Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium