Match Preview: New York Begin West Coast Trip at Seattle on Sunday
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls (12-12-5, 41 pts) will embark on a two-match road trip to the West Coast, beginning with Seattle Sounders FC (13-8-7, 46 pts) on Sunday at CenturyLink Field. Kickoff is slated for 6 p.m. EST with coverage on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 5 p.m. EST with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley.
New York and Seattle have held serve at home during the all-time series as the overall series sits even at 5-5-3. Neither team has picked up a point on the road during this series since 2013. The Red Bulls picked up their only win in Seattle on April 3, 2010 from a Macoumba Kandji game winner in the 21st minute, while the Sounders picked up their only win at RBA in the same season as Fredy Montero tallied the game winner in the 85th minute on May 15, 2010.
Both teams are looking to find momentum during the final stretch of the regular season as New York is 2-4-1 and Seattle is 2-3-2 in their last seven matches. The Red Bulls and Sounders both fell 2-0 to the newly resurgent Colorado Rapids prior to Sunday's match.
Red Bulls have seen production from almost every player that is on a first-team contract in league play. New York is tops in the league for the number of players to contribute offensively. Twenty of the 24 field players have tallied a goal or an assist, which includes 17 different goal scorers and 19 different assist makers. The Red Bulls have seen 17 different players find the back of the net, which sets a new franchise record and is one shy of the league record set by D.C. in 2016.
New York will continue their West Coast trip at Portland on Wednesday before returning East to host the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, Sept. 22. The Red Bulls and Timbers will be covered on MSG, MSG Go and New York Red Bulls Radio with a 10:30 p.m. EST kickoff.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 13, 2019
- Sounders FC Honors Founding Owner Joe Roth at Sunday's Match, Reminds Fans of Kickoff Time Change - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Impact Takes on FC Cincinnati at Stade Saputo Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Atlanta United Tomorrow Night - Columbus Crew SC
- #CHIvFCD: 5 Things You Need to Know About the Match - FC Dallas
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Orlando City SC - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Announces Ownership Change and Relocation - Chicago Fire
- LAFC to Play Philadelphia Union on Saturday Evening at Talen Energy Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Storylines: City vs. New England Revolution - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew SC - Atlanta United FC
- Match Preview: New York Begin West Coast Trip at Seattle on Sunday - New York Red Bulls
- Orlando City Host New England in Crucial Eastern Conference Match - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting and LA Set for Sunday Night Showdown - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Stretch Unbeaten Streak to Four, Draw Chicago Fire, 2-2
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC
- White's Late-Match Equalizer Secures Point from Orlando City
- New York and Orlando City Conclude Home-And-Home at RBA
- Red Bulls Blank Atlanta United Again, 1-0, in 2020