LAFC Re-Signs Defender Jordan Harvey
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today that the Club has re-signed veteran defender Jordan Harvey. Harvey was out of contract following the 2018 MLS campaign and is now re-signed through the 2019 season.
"Jordan is a reliable, experienced player that played a key role in the Club's first season in MLS," said General Manager and EVP of Soccer Operations John Thorrington. "One of our offseason priorities was to keep the core of our group intact, and we're delighted that Jordan has re-signed for the 2019 season."
The longest-tenured MLS player on LAFC's roster, Harvey returns for his 15th season in the league. In 2018, Harvey surpassed the 2,000-minute mark for the sixth straight season, and eighth overall, after appearing in 29 regular season contests, making 23 starts.
Harvey, 34, became just the 33rd player in MLS history to reach 25,000 minutes in his career during the last game of the regular season. He is currently one game shy of 300 MLS appearances, which would make him just the 39th player in league history to reach that mark.
Prior to LAFC, Harvey appeared in 270 career MLS regular season games (256 starts), registering 11 goals and 15 assists for Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Philadelphia Union and Colorado Rapids.
TRANSACTION: Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) re-signs defender Jordan Harvey.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 2, 2019
- LAFC Re-Signs Defender Jordan Harvey - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Name Guillermo Barros Schelotto Head Coach - Los Angeles Galaxy
- adidas MLS Player Combine Returns to Orlando - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Acquire Argentine Forward Cristian Espinoza on Loan - San Jose Earthquakes
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Acquires 23-Year-Old Goalkeeper Pablo Sisniega
- LAFC Drops 3-0 Contest against San Jose Earthquakes on Saturday Afternoon
- Banc of California Stadium to Host El Salvador vs. Guatemala on March 6
- LAFC Ties Atlanta United FC 2 - 2 in Fourth Preseason Contest
- LAFC Falls 4-2 to Columbus Crew SC in Third Preseason Contest