Kompon Hat Trick Powers Mallards to 5-3 Win
Moline, IL- The Mallards closed their regular season schedule with a 5-3 win over Flint on Sunday at The MARK. Mike Kompon recorded his second hat trick of the year in the win. The Mallards finish the season as the eighth seed in the UHL Playoffs and are headed to Muskegon for a first round showdown with the Fury.
Kompon started the scoring at the 6:38 mark of the period. Drew Otten drew the assist on Kompons 37th goal of the year and first of the game. Flints Bobby Reynolds answered Kompons marker with a shorthanded tally at 14:12 of the opening period. Reynolds 30th goal of the year tied the game at one.
In the second, the Mallards seized control of the game with a pair of goals. Drew Otten scored his seventh of the year 5:58 into the period. Kompon added his second of the game on a power play with just 1:33 left in the period.
In the third, Kompon capped his hat trick with his 39th goal of the season to give the Mallards a 4-1 lead. Flint would score twice before the halfway mark of the period to cut the Mallards lead to one goal, but the Generals could pull no closer. Alexander Skorohod sealed the win with his first goal as a pro in North America at 14:55 of the closing period.
Jeff Reynaert made 22 saves in the season closing performance to earn his 15th win of the year.
The Mallards open the first round of the UHL Playoffs in Muskegon this week. Check qcmallards.com for a complete schedule of games as soon as it becomes available.
Individual tickets to any Mallards game are available at The MARK box office or via phone at (563) 326-1111. To make your group a part of Mallards hockey, call the Mallards ticket office at (309) 764-7825.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 10, 2005
- Outlaws go out in style - Kansas City Outlaws
- Jackals End Season With a 4-1 Loss - Elmira Jackals
- Muskegon Fury notes - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Mechanics win season finale in Elmira - Motor City Mechanics
- Kompon Hat Trick Powers Mallards to 5-3 Win - Quad City Mallards
- IceHogs announce 2004-05 season awards - Rockford IceHogs
- Otters top IceHogs 1-0 in finale - Rockford IceHogs
- River Otters and Reiter Frustrate IceHogs 1-0; Komets Up Next - Missouri River Otters
- Komets Down Pesky Mallards 4-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Colonial Cup Countdown Begins - Kalamazoo Wings
- Motor City Reaches .500 With 11th Straight Win - Motor City Mechanics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.