Colonial Cup Countdown Begins
Kalamazoo, MI- The Kalamazoo Wings of the United Hockey League announces the winners of their annual team awards for the 2004-2005 season and as well as their playoff schedule for the first round games against the Rockford IceHogs. The awards were presented following the K-Wings home finale tonight against the Missouri River Otters at Wings Stadium.
The following were the awards and the recipients of the K-Wings Awards Ceremony:
Booster Club Appreciation Award: Joel Martin
KOHA Plus-Minus Award: Shaun Fisher
Keyser Insurance Agency Leading Scorer Award: Kevin Kotyluk
Otten Trophies Star of the Game Award: Chad Alban
Meijer Most Improved Player Award: Mike Manley
Smirnoff Ice Sportsmanship Award: Andrew Luciuk
Kalsee Credit Union Unsung Hero Award: Mark Vilneff
Fifth Third Bank Defenseman of the Year Award: Daniel Carriere
Kalamazoo Public Schools Rookie of the Year Award: Joel Martin
WLKM Most Popular Player Award: Tyler Willis
Kalamazoo Gazette MVP Award: Daniel Carriere
As the regular season comes to an end, the K-Wings can set their sites on the Colonial Cup Playoffs. The K-Wings "Colonial Cup Countdown" will begin this Friday, April 15th, as the K-Wings host the Rockford IceHogs at Wings Stadium on United Kennel Club Rally Towel Night.
This will be the second consecutive season that the K-Wings will make a postseason appearance. Besides the past two seasons, the K-Wings have made one other appearance in their UHL history in the playoffs. Back in the 2000-01 season, the K-Wings lost in a one game Wild Card playoff in Muskegon.
The following is a breakdown of dates for the K-Wings first round match-up against the IceHogs:
Friday, April 15th Vs Rockford 7:30 PM (Game One of the First Round)
Saturday, April 16th Vs Rockford 7:30 PM (Game Two of the First Round)
Tuesday, April 19th @ Rockford 8:00 PM (Game Three of the First Round)
Wednesday, April 20th @ Rockford 8:00 PM (Game Four of the First Round)
*Friday, April 22nd Vs Rockford 7:30 PM (Game Five of the First Round)
*Saturday, April 23rd @ Rockford 8:00 PM (Game Six of the First Round)
*Tuesday, April 26th Vs Rockford 7:00 PM (Game Seven of the First Round)
* Denotes Games To Be Played Only If Necessary
All game times listed in Eastern Daylight Savings Time (Kalamazoo Local Time).
All the rounds in this year's UHL playoffs will be Best of Seven Series.
Playoff Strip Packages range from $96 (Blue Area)-$156(Red Area). Single game tickets for the playoffs are also on sale and range from $8 (Blue Area)-$13 (Red Area).
In the event that the K-Wings do not play all twelve potential home playoff games, Playoff Strip Package purchasers will have the balance applied to next year's season tickets.
Tickets for the playoffs are available by calling the Wings Stadium Ticket Office at (269) 345-5101, or stopping by during regular business hours of 10am-6pm Monday-Friday or on Saturday's from 10am-2pm. Fans can also order tickets online through www.ticketmaster.com.
For more information about the Annual Player Awards or the 2005 Colonial Cup Playoffs, please contact Mike Modugno, Director of Public Relations and Broadcaster at (269) 349-9772, extension 220.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 10, 2005
- Outlaws go out in style - Kansas City Outlaws
- Jackals End Season With a 4-1 Loss - Elmira Jackals
- Muskegon Fury notes - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Mechanics win season finale in Elmira - Motor City Mechanics
- Kompon Hat Trick Powers Mallards to 5-3 Win - Quad City Mallards
- IceHogs announce 2004-05 season awards - Rockford IceHogs
- Otters top IceHogs 1-0 in finale - Rockford IceHogs
- River Otters and Reiter Frustrate IceHogs 1-0; Komets Up Next - Missouri River Otters
- Komets Down Pesky Mallards 4-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Colonial Cup Countdown Begins - Kalamazoo Wings
- Motor City Reaches .500 With 11th Straight Win - Motor City Mechanics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- Wilson Signs PTO with AHL's Chicago Wolves
- Playoff Run Comes to End as Wings Fall in Game 6
- Game Day: K-Wings Aim to Even Series, Force Game 7 in Cincy
- Bradley, Hildebrand Power K-Wings to Game 5 Victory
- Game Day: K-Wings Host Game 5 Saturday Night at Wings Event Center