Komets' Defense of Back-to-Back Turner Cups Begins Thursday
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets' defense of back-to-back IHL Turner Cup championships will begin Thursday, April 22, against the Port Huron Icehawks at 7:30pm at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne. The Komets will be seeded second in the playoffs and have home-ice advantage in the first round, best-of-seven pairing following a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 format.
Game two will be at McMorran Arena in Port Huron Saturday, April 24 at 7:30pm. Game three will be held in Fort Wayne Sunday, April 25 at 6pm. Game four is slated for Port Huron Wednesday, April 28 at 7pm. If necessary game five will faceoff at 8pm Friday, April 30 in Fort Wayne and game six will be at Port Huron Saturday, May 1 at 7:30pm. If a seventh game is needed it will be held in Fort Wayne Monday, May 3 at 7:30pm.
The Komets will be aiming for their eighth league championship in the 58-year history of the Fort Wayne franchise and their unprecedented third straight. The defending Turner Cup champion Komets will be making their 50th post-season appearance since the the Fort Wayne franchise began in 1952.
The Komets won the regular season series 6-5-0-0 after winning the last three straight meetings while the Icehawks were 5-6-0-0 against Fort Wayne.
The last time Fort Wayne and Port Huron met in post-season action was the 2008 IHL finals when the Komets won the championship series four games to three.
FORT WAYNE VS PORT HURON
First Round IHL Turner Cup Playoffs
Game 1: Thursday, April 22 at Fort Wayne, 7:30pm
Game 2: Saturday, April 24 at Port Huron, 7:30pm
Game 3: Sunday, April 25 at Fort Wayne, 6pm
Game 4: Wednesday, April 28 at Port Huron 7pm
Game 5: Friday, April 30 at Fort Wayne, 8pm
Game 6: Saturday, May 1 at Port Huron, 7:30pm
Game 7: Monday, May 3 at Fort Wayne, 7:30pm
Komet Hockey Playoff Tickets....the hottest ticket in town! Komet playoff tickets for the first two Komet home playoff games Thursday, April 22 at 7:30pm and Sunday, April 25 at 6pm against the Port Huron Icehawks are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at ww.ticketmaster.com. Discounts on group tickets are also available at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way in Fort Wayne. For more information visit the Komet office, the Komets' website at www.komets.com, or call 260-483-0011.
The Komets will complete the 2009-10 regular season slate with back-to-back home games starting tonight when the Quad City Mallards visit for a 7:30pm faceoff. Sunday the Komets will host the Flint Generals at 5pm. Immediately following Sunday's game the Komets will present their annual end-of-season player awards. Tickets for both games are available at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at www.ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 17, 2010
- Icehawks drop PrairieThunder to fifth place - Port Huron Icehawks
- Generals Control Own Fate With Victory Over Muskegon - Flint Generals
- Mallards Season Ends with Hard Fought Shootout Loss in Fort Wayne - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder fall in overtime - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Komets' Defense Of Back-To-Back Turner Cups Begins Thursday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Komets To Face-Off Against Icehawks In Round One - IHL 2
- Komets' Defense of Back-to-Back Turner Cups Begins Thursday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Icehawks Announce First Round Playoff Schedule, Ticket Sales - Port Huron Icehawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Pachal Reassigned to Komets
- Komets Snare Four Points from Week 19; Kalamazoo Visits Wednesday, Pink the Rink Weekend Features Toledo Friday, Indy Saturday
- Komets Host Indy Tonight
- Komets, Vera Bradley Foundation "Pink the Rink" Nights Set for February 21 and 22
- Komets Home for Two this Week; Wings Visit Wednesday, Fuel Here Friday