Icehawks Announce First Round Playoff Schedule, Ticket Sales
PORT HURON, MI - The Port Huron Icehawks of the International Hockey League will take on the two-time defending Turner Cup Champion Fort Wayne Komets in the first round of the 2010 playoffs, and today announced their schedule. Tickets to all home games are available now at the same low prices as the 2009-10 regular season.
The complete round one schedule is as follows:
Thursday, April 22, 7:30 p.m., @ Fort Wayne
Saturday, April 24, 7:30 p.m., Home
Sunday, April 25, 6:00 p.m., @ Fort Wayne
Wednesday, April 28, 7:00 p.m., Home
Friday, April 30, 8:00 p.m., @ Fort Wayne (if necessary)
Saturday, May 1, 7:30 p.m., Home (if necessary)
Monday, May 3, 7:30 p.m., @ Fort Wayne (if necessary)
To celebrate the start of the playoffs, fans are invited to a pre-game tailgate party Saturday from 5:30 p.m. until game time. The festivities include free food and drinks, face painting, hair wraps and a bounce house for children. The first 1000 fans at the game will receive a playoff rally towel courtesy of University of Michigan-Flint. Fans can also have their picture taken with a live hawk during the game.
At Port Huron's second home game on Wednesday, April 28, McMorran Arena will offer $2 beers during the game. A limited edition poster featuring the Icehawks' captains and alternates will be given out to the first 500 fans.
Playoff tickets are available now for the same low price as they have been all season, starting at just ten dollars. Current season ticket holders will be able to keep their seats by ordering tickets by Wednesday.
Tickets to the 2010 Turner Cup Playoffs and season tickets for the 2010-11 campaign are available at the McMorran Arena Box Office at 701 McMorran Blvd in downtown Port Huron. Playoff tickets are also available at any Ticketmaster location or at www.ticketmaster.com. Call 810-966-3800 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 17, 2010
- Icehawks drop PrairieThunder to fifth place - Port Huron Icehawks
- Generals Control Own Fate With Victory Over Muskegon - Flint Generals
- Mallards Season Ends with Hard Fought Shootout Loss in Fort Wayne - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder fall in overtime - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Komets' Defense Of Back-To-Back Turner Cups Begins Thursday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Komets To Face-Off Against Icehawks In Round One - IHL 2
- Komets' Defense of Back-to-Back Turner Cups Begins Thursday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Icehawks Announce First Round Playoff Schedule, Ticket Sales - Port Huron Icehawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Port Huron Icehawks Stories
- Kinney Entertainment Discontinues Icehawks Organization
- Icehawks And E&A Credit Union Saves For Charity Program Raises $1100
- Port Huron Icehawks 2009-10 Season Review
- Stan Drulia Resigns As Icehawks Head Coach After Three Seasons
- Fort Wayne's Goal With 2.1 Seconds Remaining Forces Deciding Game