Generals Control Own Fate With Victory Over Muskegon
FLINT, MI - John Ronan scored the game winner and Jamie Schaafsma added 2 goals to pace the Generals to a 3-2 victory over the league leading Muskegon Lumberjacks. Rob Nolan picked up the win in goal for the Generals as Matt Lundin suffered the loss for the Lumberjacks. The victory, coupled with Bloomington's overtime loss to Port Huron leaves the two teams tied with 73 points for the 4th and final playoff spot. The Generals hold the tie-breaker advantage as they have 33 wins compared to Bloomington's 31.
The Generals close out the regular season tomorrow evening when they play in Fort Wayne against the Komets at 5pm. Bloomington plays their final game of the regular season in Port Huron against the IceHawks also at 5pm.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 17, 2010
- Icehawks drop PrairieThunder to fifth place - Port Huron Icehawks
- Generals Control Own Fate With Victory Over Muskegon - Flint Generals
- Mallards Season Ends with Hard Fought Shootout Loss in Fort Wayne - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder fall in overtime - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Komets' Defense Of Back-To-Back Turner Cups Begins Thursday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Komets To Face-Off Against Icehawks In Round One - IHL 2
- Komets' Defense of Back-to-Back Turner Cups Begins Thursday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Icehawks Announce First Round Playoff Schedule, Ticket Sales - Port Huron Icehawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals