Know Your Opponent: New York Red Bulls
The Lions return home Saturday to face the New York Red Bulls at 4:30 pm ET with a shot to extend their unbeaten streak to nine games. Here is what you need to know about our opponents:
Key Transactions and Player News
Red Bulls started the month of September making headlines as they dismissed Head Coach Chris Armas. Bradley Carnell has since taken over as Interim Head Coach. The other big news has been the signing of Caden Clark from Red Bulls II. The 17-year-old has two goals in two appearances.
The big additions on the roster for 2020 have been Josh Sims (loan from Southampton), David Jensen (from FC Utrecht), Mandela Egbo (from SV Darmstadt 98), Dru Yearwood (from Brentford) and Samuel Tetteh (from Red Bull Salzburg).
Notable departures have been Goalkeeper Luis Robles, forward Bradley Wright-Phillips and defender Kemar Lawrence.
You can view New York Red Bulls' full roster here.
Injury Report: Patrick Seagrist (groin injury) is listed as out while Omir Fernandez (hamstring injury) and Ben Mines (groin injury) are questionable.
Red Bulls currently sit in 7th place in the Eastern Conference on 24 points. The Jersey side are 2-2-1 in their last five matches with wins over Montreal and Atlanta.
City and Red Bulls split the 2019 season series with a win each. Both games ended 1-0 in tightly contested affairs. The Lions have won the only meeting so far in 2020 3-1.
Rasmussen College Fact
The Lions claimed a 1-0 win last season at Red Bull Arena off a goal from Sacha Kljestan.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 18, 2020
- Toronto FC (1) - Atlanta United FC (0) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Win 2-1 against FC Cincinnati on the Road - D.C. United
- D.C. United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-1 - FC Cincinnati
- Dynamo Rally Late for 2-2 Draw at Minnesota - Houston Dynamo
- Atlanta United Falls 1-0 to Toronto FC - Atlanta United FC
- White's Late-Match Equalizer Secures Point from Orlando City - New York Red Bulls
- Lions Clinch First Playoff Berth in Club History with 1-1 Draw at New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- Columbus Crew SC Clinches Berth in Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Columbus Crew SC
- Notes & Quotes: Columbus Crew SC 3 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Know Your Opponent: New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Play Host to Los Angeles FC Tonight at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Storylines: City vs. Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 19-25 - Chicago Fire
- Earthquakes Take on Seattle Sounders FC Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Hosts New York City FC Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: Philadelphia Union at New England Revolution - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Lions Defeat NYCFC in Penalty Shootout, Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinals
- Orlando City SC Sells out of Available Tickets for Historic Playoff Match
- Storylines: City vs. New York City FC
- Orlando City Opens Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs against NYCFC
- Orlando City, Pride to Host Orlando City Foundation Annual Turkey Giveaway Presented by Publix on Monday