Knicks Fall to Mad Ants in Season Finale
BRIDGEPORT, CT - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, were defeated by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants 117-99, on Saturday night at Total Mortgage Arena in the final game of the 2021-22 NBA G League season.
Louis King (returning rights) led the Knicks (17-15) with a season-high 29 points, hitting 5-of-8 from three, nine rebounds, five assists, and four steals. Feron Hunt (Two-Way) dropped 18 points, a career-high tying 10 rebounds, and five assists. Coming off the bench, Quinton Rose (returning rights) chipped in with 13 points, while Aamir Simms (Affiliate) finished with 10 points of his own.
Fort Wayne (17-17) was led by 29 points and 11 rebounds from Jordan Bell. Gabe York finished with 25 points, and Darius Adams went for 21 points as well.
The teams went back-and-forth to start the contest, with both sides starting out strong. The hosts took the biggest lead of the quarter, 27-18, with 2:54 on the clock in the first, and again, 29-20, nearly a minute later. Westchester held a 31-25 advantage after one.
Roughly two minutes into the second, the Knicks went up 37-27, in what became their largest lead of the game. The Mad Ants responded with a quick 9-0 burst to make it 37-36 with 8:40 to play in the period. Fort Wayne regained the lead, 41-39, at the 7:15 mark of the quarter, and did not give it up again for the rest of the contest. The visitors led 66-53 heading to the locker room.
The Mad Ants did not let up, opening an 85-64 spread with 5:42 left in the third. The Knicks cut the deficit to 89-77 on seven straight points with 2:16 to go in the quarter. Fort Wayne hit a triple to close the third up 92-77.
It was more of the same in the final frame, as the visitors continued to push the pace, withstanding any pressure from the hosts. The largest lead of the game was 113-87, with 3:07 remaining in the contest. Ultimately, Westchester could not get over the hump in the 18-point decision.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 3, 2022
- Carsen Edwards Earns Call-Up with Detroit Pistons - Salt Lake City Stars
- Long Island Nets Clinch Second Playoff Berth in Franchise History - Long Island Nets
- Capital City to Host College Park in NBA G League Playoffs - Capital City Go-Go
- Knicks Fall to Mad Ants in Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Coats Close Regular Season with Win vs. Herd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Coats Host Long Island in Conference Quarterfinals - Delaware Blue Coats
- Jackson Takes Action in Win over Austin - Texas Legends
- Stars Finish 21-22 Campaign with Win over Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Vipers Fall to Clippers in Last Regular Season Game - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2022-23 Home Games to be Played at Total Mortgage Arena
- Knicks Fall to Mad Ants in Season Finale
- Knicks Squash Mad Ants 131-110 for Third Straight Win
- Knicks Complete Season Sweep of Charge 116-100
- Knicks Knock off Charge 120-110 in Matinee