Vipers Fall to Clippers in Last Regular Season Game
EDINBURG, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers (24-10) fell 130-128 to the Agua Caliente Clippers (22-11) during the last game of the regular season on Saturday night at the Bert Ogden Arena. Despite the loss, the Vipers have clinched the number one seed in the Western Conference and have clinched a bye spot which moves the team directly to Conference Quarterfinals.
With just 6 minutes into the game RGV and Agua Caliente had already exchanged leads and tied the game ten times. With just three minutes remaining on the board the score was 26-21 in favor of the Clippers, but the Vipers went on a 7-0 run and tied the game 28-28 right at the buzzer.
In the second quarter the Clippers went on a hot run and led by as much as 19 points with a score of 49-30. Despite the Clippers lead, the Vipers put pressure on Agua Caliente in the last minutes of the half and minimized the Clippers lead to 61-51.
The third quarter was in favor of Agua Caliente as the team led by as much as 12 points with a score of 90-78. Despite the 12-point gap the Vipers came back at the end of the third and minimized the lead of the opponent to 100-91.
Agua Caliente had a 14-point lead (117-103) over the Vipers in the fourth quarter, but RGV was not ready to go down without a fight. RGV went on to score 25 more points while only allowing the Clippers to score 13, but despite the Vipers hard fought push the home team fell 130-128.
Marcus Foster tied his career-high in points with 35, four rebounds and six assists. Houston Rockets Two-Way player Trevelin Queen made his return to the court and put up 24 points, eight rebounds and eight assists. Mfiondu Kabengele obtained 18 points and seven rebounds. Gerald Green came off the bench and scored 16 points. Houston Rockets Two-Way player Anthony Lamb finished the game with 14 points, nine rebounds and a career-high 11 assists. Trhae Mitchell obtained a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Agua Caliente was led by Jordan Ford's double-double with 30 points and 11 assists. Nate Darling reached 24 points, nine rebounds and five assists. George King totaled 21 points, four rebounds and three assists. Shevon Thompson posted a double-double with 20 points and 13 rebounds. Trevon Scott reached 16 points and six rebounds. Emmitt Williams came off the bench and posted 14 points.
The Vipers begin playoff contention in the Conference Semifinals on Thursday, April 7 at 7:00PM CT against the winner of the matchup between the Texas Legends and the Birmingham Squadron. The game will be hosted at the Bert Ogden Arena. To purchase tickets and for more information visit www.rgvipers.com. Fans unable to attend may stream the game via ESPNews.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 3, 2022
- Carsen Edwards Earns Call-Up with Detroit Pistons - Salt Lake City Stars
- Long Island Nets Clinch Second Playoff Berth in Franchise History - Long Island Nets
- Capital City to Host College Park in NBA G League Playoffs - Capital City Go-Go
- Knicks Fall to Mad Ants in Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Blue Coats Close Regular Season with Win vs. Herd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blue Coats Host Long Island in Conference Quarterfinals - Delaware Blue Coats
- Jackson Takes Action in Win over Austin - Texas Legends
- Stars Finish 21-22 Campaign with Win over Kings - Salt Lake City Stars
- Vipers Fall to Clippers in Last Regular Season Game - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- RGV Snake Charmers to Host Open Auditions
- Vipers to Host Second Annual Back to School Expo
- Venom Hype Squad to Host Prep Classes Leading up to the 2022-23 Auditions
- Houston Rockets Name Mahmoud Abdelfattah as New Assistant Coach
- RGV Snake Charmers to Host Prep Classes Leading up to the 2022-23 Auditions