Kings Recall Moller
LOS ANGELES, CA - The Los Angeles Kings, the parent club of the Manchester Monarchs, have recalled forward Oscar Moller from the Monarchs, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.
Moller, 20, has recorded five points (3-2=5), a plus-3 rating and four penalty minutes in five games with Manchester this season. His three goals are tied for first on the team (with Andrei Loktionov), while his five points are second on the club. He's also tied for second on the club with 12 shots on goal and his two game-winning goals are tied for the lead in the AHL.
The 5-foot-10, 186-pound native of Stockholm Sweden appeared in 40 games for the Kings last season - his rookie year - and recorded 15 points (7-8=15). He led Kings rookies with five power-play goals (10th among NHL rookies). He made his NHL debut Oct. 11, 2008 and became the 15th youngest player to appear in a game for the Kings. Moller also appeared in eight games with Manchester last season, recording five points (2-3=5).
Internationally, Moller captained Team Sweden to its second straight silver medal at the 2009 World Junior Championships (6 GP, 1-3=4). He was also on Sweden's 2008 silver-medal winning team.
The Monarchs head back the Verizon Wireless Arena for their Home Opener on Saturday, October 17 at 7:00 p.m. versus the Portland Pirates. Make some noise at the Monarchs Home Opener by bringing a box of macaroni and cheese to shake during the game and then donate to the New Hampshire Food Bank. The first 5,000 fans to the Monarchs Home Opener will receive a magnetic schedule for the 2009-10 season. Catch all of the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on the Monarchs Radio Network WGAM 900/1250 AM and at www.manchestermonarchs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2009
- Monsters earn convincing win - Cleveland Monsters
- Rivermen Can't Hold Off IceHogs - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins lose to Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage return home with victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs bite Wolves - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves nipped by Bulldogs - Chicago Wolves
- Texas gets past Aeros - Texas Stars
- Hogs host big comeback - Rockford IceHogs
- Bernier-Holloway Shake Things Up In The Jungle - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Beat The Wolf Pack 2-1 - Remain Perfect At Home 3-0 - Springfield Falcons
- Aeros Fall to Stars 5-1 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Earn Point With Late Goal In Front Of Sellout Crowd - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears stun Sens in OT - Binghamton Senators
- Sharks fall to Devils in home opener - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals win over Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose downed by Lake Erie - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Earn First Road Point of the Season - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Rats Blast Phantoms In Overtime 2-1 - Albany River Rats
- Tokarski, Admirals Hand Sound Tigers First Loss Of Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Bernier Blanks Pirates - Portland Pirates
- OT Winner Caps Incredible Comeback - Rochester Americans
- Guite Reassigned To Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Sign Defenseman Kevin Roeder - Syracuse Crunch
- Kings Recall Moller - Manchester Monarchs
- Marlies Sign Goaltender Beau Erickson To PTO Contract - Toronto Marlies
- Marlies Announce 2009-10 Tv Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- Canucks Recall Alexandre Bolduc - Manitoba Moose
- Falcons Host The Wolf Pack Saturday Night - Springfield Falcons
- Aeros Defeat Rampage 5-2 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.