Falcons Host The Wolf Pack Saturday Night
The Springfield Falcons and Hartford Wolf Pack meet for the second time this season when they get together at the MassMutual Center on Saturday night. The Falcons lost to the Wolf Pack last Saturday, October 10, by a score of 7-3 at the XL Center in Hartford. The two teams combined for 96 penalty minutes in that contest. Ryan Potulny, Geoff Paukovich and Chris Armstrong scored for the Falcons, who battled back from an early 3-0 first-period deficit. Hartford's Pierre Parenteau netted a hat trick for the Wolf Pack.
The Falcons enter tonight's game having defeated the Manchester Monarchs on home ice last night by a score of 4-1. After falling behind 1-0, the Falcons scored four unanswered goals, including three goals in a 57-second span in the second period. Chad Wiseman, Colton Fretter and Geoff Paukovich all converted for the Falcons in the second period, while Colin McDonald added an empty net goal. Springfield had 11 different players record at least a point in the win last night. Goaltender Devan Dubnyk was steady earning his second victory of the campaign stopping 27 of 28 shots on goal.
The Wolf Pack lost to the Portland Pirates by a score of 6-3 last night in Portland, Maine. Hartford found themselves in a 4-0 hole through two periods, but did outshoot Portland 30-24 in the game. The Pirates used three power play goals, while Hartford was 0-5 on the man advantage. Andres Ambuhl, Paul Crowder, and Bobby Sanguinetti all scored for Hartford Friday night.
FALCONS DEBUT: The Falcons announced Tuesday they have signed veteran forward Chad Wiseman to a Professional Tryout Agreement (PTO). Wiseman made his Falcons' debut Friday scoring his first goal and earning the game's third star.
Wiseman is in his ninth professional season after spending last year with the Lowell Devils where he collected nine goals and 10 assists for 19 points in 23 games. The 6-foot-1, 209-pound native of Burlington, Ontario is a veteran of 415 AHL games having recorded 123 goals, 173 assists good for 296 points. He has scored 15 or more goals in a season six times in his AHL career.
Wiseman has also played in 48 career Calder Cup Playoff games collecting 11 goals and 19 assists for 30 points in his post-season career. He was originally drafted by the San Jose Sharks in the eighth round (246th overall) in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft. Wiseman has played in nine career NHL games having picked up one goal and one assist.
WOLF PACK TEAM NOTES: Pierre Parenteau is the early season leader for the Pack in scoring with four goals and three assists for seven points in five games. Parenteau is tied with a handful of players for the third most points in the AHL entering Saturday's action...Hartford's Corey Locke is tied for the league lead in goals with five markers in five games. Locke is also tied for the league lead in power play goals with four..Rookie Paul Crowder is tied for third in the AHL in rookie scoring with two goals and three assists for five points in five games..Defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti is tied for the third most points among all AHL defensemen thus far this year with one goal and five assists for six points.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2009
- Monsters earn convincing win - Cleveland Monsters
- Rivermen Can't Hold Off IceHogs - Peoria Rivermen
- Griffins lose to Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage return home with victory - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs bite Wolves - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves nipped by Bulldogs - Chicago Wolves
- Texas gets past Aeros - Texas Stars
- Hogs host big comeback - Rockford IceHogs
- Bernier-Holloway Shake Things Up In The Jungle - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Beat The Wolf Pack 2-1 - Remain Perfect At Home 3-0 - Springfield Falcons
- Aeros Fall to Stars 5-1 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Earn Point With Late Goal In Front Of Sellout Crowd - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears stun Sens in OT - Binghamton Senators
- Sharks fall to Devils in home opener - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals win over Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose downed by Lake Erie - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Earn First Road Point of the Season - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons win over Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Rats Blast Phantoms In Overtime 2-1 - Albany River Rats
- Tokarski, Admirals Hand Sound Tigers First Loss Of Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Bernier Blanks Pirates - Portland Pirates
- OT Winner Caps Incredible Comeback - Rochester Americans
- Guite Reassigned To Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Crunch Sign Defenseman Kevin Roeder - Syracuse Crunch
- Kings Recall Moller - Manchester Monarchs
- Marlies Sign Goaltender Beau Erickson To PTO Contract - Toronto Marlies
- Marlies Announce 2009-10 Tv Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- Canucks Recall Alexandre Bolduc - Manitoba Moose
- Falcons Host The Wolf Pack Saturday Night - Springfield Falcons
- Aeros Defeat Rampage 5-2 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.