K-Wings Re-Sign Head Coach Nick Bootland
Kalamazoo, MI - The Kalamazoo Wings, proud member of the ECHL and affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers and San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League, announce the organization has re-signed director of hockey operations and head coach Nick Bootland. Per club policy, the terms of the contract will be undisclosed.
The announcement occurred tonight during the final K-Wings Live of the season at Old Burdick's Bar and Grill inside of the Holiday Inn West.
Completing his second season behind the K-Wings bench, Bootland has coached the team to a record of 86-49-8-5 in that time span.
"Over the past two seasons, he (Bootland) has made the seamless transition from player to coach that we (K-Wings) thought he would," said Paul L. Pickard, president of Wings Stadium and the Kalamazoo Wings. "Looking at his overall record, wining the division and the amount of call-ups we endured this season, Nick has the shown the knack of getting the most out of his players."
Under Bootland's tutelage, the K-Wings earned postseason berths the past two seasons. In their first season in the ECHL, Bootland guided the K-Wings to a record of 42-20-6-4 and in the process captured the North Division title. The record was also the third best overall regular season record in the league.
The K-Wings also had 28 players head to the American Hockey League, including Jeremy Duchesne, who he began the season in Kalamazoo and is now on the NHL playoff roster of the Flyers.
Before coaching, Bootland concluded his 10-year career playing the previous four seasons in Kalamazoo. The team captain for his final three seasons, Bootland wasn't only a vocal leader, but he led by example. By wearing the "C" for the three seasons, Bootland joined Ron Wilson, Scott Robinson and Derrick Smith as the only member of the K-Wings to earn the honor in three straight years.
Season tickets for the upcoming 2010-2011 season of K-Wings hockey are currently on sale at the Wings Stadium Ticket Office during their regular business hours of 9 a.m.-4 p.m. or by calling (269) 345-5101. Fans can save 15% on their season tickets by paying for their seats in full by October 15th.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 19, 2010
- Thunder return home with 2-0 series lead vs. Bakersfield, Wednesday in Game 3 - Stockton Thunder
- K-Wings Re-Sign Head Coach Nick Bootland - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Second Round Playoff Hockey Returns To E-Center Tuesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Bartlett Loaned To Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors In The Community: Jean Drive Brings In 569 Pairs - Bakersfield Condors
- Final K-Wings Weekly Of The 09-10 Season - Kalamazoo Wings
- Chiefs' Final Game Jersesys Available Online - Johnstown Chiefs
- Condors Weekly: Bakersfield Heads To Stockton In Search Of Wins - Bakersfield Condors
- Cyclones Return Home For Three - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Facing Elimination In Second Round Series - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- K-Wings Extend Qualifying Offers to Four Players
- Kalamazoo Wings to Host Fan-Designed Jersey Contest
- K-Wings Announce NHL Affiliation with Columbus Blue Jackets
- Toni Will Named to ECHL Board of Governors' Executive Committee
- K-Wings Represented on Third Consecutive Stanley Cup Champion