Jukka Raitala and Lassi Lappalainen Called up by Finland
MONTREAL - Defender Jukka Raitala and midfielder Lassi Lappalainen were called up on Tuesday by the Finland national team.
The two players will join their national team for its UEFA Nations League group games, the first one on October 11 against Bulgaria and the second one on October 14 against the Republic of Ireland.
Raitala and Lappalainen will leave the Impact following the game against Columbus on Wednesday, October 7, which means they will miss the friendly game against Poland on that day. They will be allowed to return with the Impact according to the MLS protocol for the final games of the regular season.
The Finnish team is second in its group behind Wales, with a record of one win and one loss.
Raitala has been capped 51 times with the Finland national team, making his senior debut on February 4, 2009, in a friendly against Japan. As for Lappalainen, he made his senior debut on January 11, 2019, in a friendly against Estonia, and represented his country seven times at the senior level.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 29, 2020
- Inter Miami CF Launches Fan Activities Ahead of EA SPORTS FIFA 21 Debut - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 29, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Know Your Opponent: New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- Jukka Raitala and Lassi Lappalainen Called up by Finland - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy and Monkey Knife Fight Create Charitable Initiative for 2020 MLS Season - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Mueller's Rise, Pareja's Guidance Pushing Orlando Near Top of Eastern Conference: This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.