LA Galaxy and Monkey Knife Fight Create Charitable Initiative for 2020 MLS Season
LOS ANGELES - Monkey Knife Fight (MKF), the fastest growing fantasy sports platform in North America, announced today a charitable initiative as the exclusive fantasy sports partner of the LA Galaxy.
Each time the LA Galaxy score a goal for the remainder of the 2020 MLS season, MKF will donate $1,000 to the LA Galaxy Foundation. The donations will benefit the Foundation's programming for the LA Galaxy Champion Project, with its immediate focus on helping students and schools impacted by the COVID-10 pandemic. The LA Galaxy Champion Project is a community-driven program that allows the club to partner with local elementary schools to provide soccer programming and opportunities to grow the game of soccer while promoting health, wellness and leadership development with local youth. MKF will donate a minimum of $25,000, regardless of how many goals are scored this season.
"For years, the LA Galaxy Foundation has focused on assisting those in need across the various communities in which the Galaxy team and its loyal fans live, work and play," said Lauren Nowinski, Senior Director Community Relations, LA Galaxy Foundation, and Programming. "Today that support is more crucial than ever, and we could not be prouder to have a like-minded partner like Monkey Knife Fight that shares our core values and commitment to the greater Los Angeles community. Thanks to this generous donation, we will be able to amplify our programming for the LA Galaxy Champions Project as well as increase our support of local students and schools impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This partnership is the perfect score for our team, and most importantly the thousands of deserving people and diverse communities we collectively serve."
"We want our team partnerships to extend past the stadiums and into the communities of the fans that support these teams," said Bill Asher, Founder and CEO of Monkey Knife Fight. "We think this is a creative way to support the city of Los Angeles and the Galaxy community."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 29, 2020
- Inter Miami CF Launches Fan Activities Ahead of EA SPORTS FIFA 21 Debut - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 29, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Know Your Opponent: New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- Jukka Raitala and Lassi Lappalainen Called up by Finland - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy and Monkey Knife Fight Create Charitable Initiative for 2020 MLS Season - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Mueller's Rise, Pareja's Guidance Pushing Orlando Near Top of Eastern Conference: This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly
- 2021 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships Now Available
- Four Additional LA Galaxy Players Depart for International Duty
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3