John Pagel Scholarship Award Winners Announced
The Green Bay Gamblers and Pagel's Ponderosa are pleased to announce that Oconto Falls High School senior Brenton Wolf has been named the recipient of the 2019 John Pagel Scholarship. Wolf receives $3,000 toward his college education. In the fall, Wolf is headed to the University of Wisconsin - River Falls to pursue a degree in Dairy Science and Agriculture Business. Wolf's was selected from the more than 60 high school seniors from across the state of Wisconsin who submitted an essay.
Pagel's Ponderosa also awarded Ben Acheson and Kylie Nickels each, with a $500 scholarship. Acheson, who attends Delavan-Darien High School, will attend the University of Wisconsin - Platteville, majoring in Agronomy/Crop Science. Nickels, who attends Watertown High School, is headed to the University of Wisconsin - Madison, majoring in Dairy Science.
Scholarship is tied to the annual Dairy Day hockey game, Sunday, April 9 at the Resch Center. Pagel's Ponderosa has been the presenting sponsor since the game's inception in 2011. Supporting partners include Cornette Farm Supply, Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin, Edge - The Voice of Milk, Greenstone Farm Credit Services, Kewaunee County Dairy Promotions, Ron's Cheese, The Cannery and Vita Plus.
All FFA students and faculty receive a complimentary ticket to the game. Simply show your FFA credentials and or official FFA apparel at the Resch Center box office to receive a free ticket. It's also a Festival Foods Family Day featuring $2 Klement's jumbo dogs, $2 soda and discounted tickets for kids 14 and under. After the game is a jersey auction and Sun Drop presents Skate with the Gamblers. Start time is 3:05 PM.
For tickets go to the Resch Center box office or purchase online at gamblershockey.com Box office hours are 11:00 - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday and beginning at 11:00 AM on weekend Gambler home games.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2019
- Saints & John Deere Dubuque Works Raise over $13,000 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Goaltender Durham Commits to Brown University - Des Moines Buccaneers
- John Pagel Scholarship Award Winners Announced - Green Bay Gamblers
- Gamblers Raise Funds for the American Heart Association - Green Bay Gamblers
- Weekly Preview: Critical Road Weekend Awaits Steel - Chicago Steel
- Blake Lizotte Signs with LA Kings - Fargo Force
- Defenseman Jeppe Urup Commits to Sacred Heart University - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Roll over Lincoln 8-1 - Sioux Falls Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.