Gamblers Raise Funds for the American Heart Association
The 8th Annual American Heart Association game presented by North Shore Bank took place at the Resch Center this past Saturday (3/30) as the Green Bay Gamblers took to the ice against the Omaha Lancers. The Gamblers donated a portion of ticket sales and the American Heart Association and its volunteers sold 50/50 raffle tickets to raise $6,264 for the American Heart Association.
As part of the promotion any student who raised $5 or more through the Kids Heart Challenge received a complimentary ticket to the game. Many of the students who raised over $1,000 took part in a ceremonial puck drop prior to the start of the game.
The following schools, who were recognized as the night's Hometown Heroes, combined to raise over $100,000; Winneconne Elementary ($30,000), Denmark Elementary ($19,571), Sunrise Elementary ($19,051), Hemlock Creek Elementary ($16,167) and Meadowbrook Elementary ($15,874).
Since the game's inception in 2012, North Shore Bank has served as the "Presenting" sponsor. Supporting partners of the American Heart Association game include; Grazies, The Fan, WAPL, WIXX, WNCY, WZOR and WFRV.
The American Heart Association (AHA) is a non-profit organization in the United States that funds cardiovascular medical research, educates consumers on healthy living and fosters appropriate cardiac care in an effort to reduce disability and deaths caused by cardiovascular disease and stroke. Originally formed in New York City in 1924 as the Association for the Prevention and Relief of Heart Disease. The American Heart Association is a national voluntary health agency.
Gamblers are at the Resch Center this Saturday and Sunday. Start times are 7:05 PM on Saturday and 3:05 PM on Sunday. For a list of promotions go to gamblershockey.com To purchase tickets go to the Resch Center box office or purchase online at gamblershockey.com Box office hours are 11:00 - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday and beginning at 11:00 AM on Gambler weekend game dates.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2019
- Saints & John Deere Dubuque Works Raise over $13,000 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Goaltender Durham Commits to Brown University - Des Moines Buccaneers
- John Pagel Scholarship Award Winners Announced - Green Bay Gamblers
- Gamblers Raise Funds for the American Heart Association - Green Bay Gamblers
- Weekly Preview: Critical Road Weekend Awaits Steel - Chicago Steel
- Blake Lizotte Signs with LA Kings - Fargo Force
- Defenseman Jeppe Urup Commits to Sacred Heart University - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Roll over Lincoln 8-1 - Sioux Falls Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.