Blake Lizotte Signs with LA Kings
FARGO, ND - Former Force forward Blake Lizotte (2015-17) has signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Los Angeles Kings. The Kings announced the signing of the Lindstrom, Minn. native today. Lizotte was an NHL free agent.
The 21-year-old played two seasons in Fargo, scoring 111 points (31 goals, 80 assists) in 110 games with the Force. He helped lead the Force to a playoff appearance in 2017 and was named a USHL Second Team All-Star for the 2016-17 season. Lizotte ranks third on the Force career points and assists lists and is tied for the franchise single season record with his 46 assists in 2016-17.
Lizotte had a very productive two-year career at St. Cloud State University, registering 69 points (22 goals, 47 assists) in 76 games for the Huskies. Lizotte was the second-leading scorer for the Huskies and was named to the NCHC First All-Star Team. He helped lead St. Cloud State to back-to-back NCHC regular season conference championships.
In 2017-18, Lizotte was named Rookie of the Year and Most Determined Player at SCSU, as well as being named to the NCHC All-Rookie Team and NCHC All-Academic Team. Additionally, he was named the 2018 NCHC Scholar-Athlete.
St. Cloud State lost to American International College in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament last week, ending its season.
Lizotte will report directly to the Kings and will wear No. 46 for the team. Lizotte will be the Force alumnus to play for Los Angeles when he makes his NHL debut. Jonny Brodzinski (11-12) has played 54 games for the Kings over parts of three seasons and Alex Iafallo has appeared in 154 games over the past two seasons in LA. Another Force and SCSU alum, Mikey Eyssimont (12-15), currently plays for the Kings' AHL team in Ontario, Calif.
The Force return to Scheels Arena this weekend for a series against the Team USA Under-17s. Puck drop for the last regular season home series of the season is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights. Tickets are available at the Scheels Arena Monday through Friday from 10AM-6PM, online 24/7 at ticketmaster.com, or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2019
- Saints & John Deere Dubuque Works Raise over $13,000 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Goaltender Durham Commits to Brown University - Des Moines Buccaneers
- John Pagel Scholarship Award Winners Announced - Green Bay Gamblers
- Gamblers Raise Funds for the American Heart Association - Green Bay Gamblers
- Weekly Preview: Critical Road Weekend Awaits Steel - Chicago Steel
- Blake Lizotte Signs with LA Kings - Fargo Force
- Defenseman Jeppe Urup Commits to Sacred Heart University - Youngstown Phantoms
- Stampede Roll over Lincoln 8-1 - Sioux Falls Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.