Jobst Agrees to Amateur Tryout with Bridgeport
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, proud AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, announced today that forward Mason Jobst has agreed to terms on an amateur tryout agreement. The 25-year-old signed a two-year, entry-level contract with the Islanders on Apr. 2, which begins in 2019-20.
Jobst played four years of college hockey at Ohio State University and was selected as a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award as a senior this season - just the fifth Hobey Baker finalist in program history. He served as team captain each of the last two years and led the Buckeyes in scoring as a sophomore and senior, including a team-high 36 points (17 goals, 19 assists) in 36 games earlier this season. The two-time All-American led all 2018-19 NCAA skaters in 164 career points, the most for a Buckeye since 1989, and is the Big Ten record holder in career goals and points in league games.
The Speedway, Ind. native earned Big Ten First All-Star Team honors on two occasions (2017, 2019) and finished his college career with 164 points (69 goals, 95 assists) in 150 games. The 5'8, 185-pound center also won the Big Ten scoring title in 2016-17 and was named to the Big Ten All-Rookie Team in 2015-16.
Prior to joining Ohio State, Jobst played parts of four seasons with the Muskegon Lumberjacks in the United States Hockey League (USHL). He collected 88 points (21 goals and 67 assists) in 158 games.
Next Time Out: The Sound Tigers open their quest for the Calder Cup this Friday with Game 1 of the Atlantic Division Semifinals against the Hershey Bears at Webster Bank Arena (7 p.m.). Click here for the latest playoff information and ticket specials. Fans can also follow all of the live action via the Sound Tigers Radio Network and AHLTV, beginning with the pre-game show at 6:45 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Roadrunners Paint the Ice Event Cancelled - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Sign Howdeshell to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Wrap up Third Season in Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Alex Barre-Boulet Voted Winner of Dudley (Red) Garrett Memorial Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie - Syracuse Crunch
- Sens Announce 2018-19 Team Awards - Belleville Senators
- Amerks First-Round Road Playoff Games in Toronto to be Televised Live on MSG Network - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse's Alex Barre-Boulet Wins AHL's Dudley (Red) Garrett Memorial Award - AHL
- Peppino's to Host Griffins Watch Parties for All Road Playoff Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Nick Merkley's Path Back, Summer Ahead - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blue Jackets Reassign Liam Foudy to Monsters from OHL's London Knights - Cleveland Monsters
- Jobst Agrees to Amateur Tryout with Bridgeport - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barracuda Edged in Playoff Opener, 6-5 - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Keep Coming Back, Rally for OT Win in Game One - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Sound Tigers Face Top Two Atlantic Division Teams this Weekend
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 20
- Five Bridgeport players record multi-point gamea in loss
- Sound Tigers Eye Third Straight Home Win Tonight
- Bridgeport's four-game unbeaten in regulation streak ends on Monday