JetHawks Walk off on Tuesday; Rancho Lead Down to One
Lancaster, CA - Luis Castro pulled the Lancaster JetHawks to within one game of the Quakes in the South Division standings, as he belted a three-run homer in the ninth, as the JetHawks walked off with a 6-3 win on Tuesday night at The Hangar.
Jordan Sheffield (2-2) retired the final two hitters he faced in the eighth inning, but allowed two of the first three hitters he faced in the ninth to reach safely. Logan Salow followed out of the bullpen and struck out the first batter he faced, but gave up the three-run bomb to Castro, his sixth of the year.
The Quakes got a pair of game-tying homers on Tuesday, as Devin Mann's solo-shot evened the game at 1-1 against JetHawks' starter Ryan Rolison in the sixth inning.
Trailing 3-1 in the eighth, Marcus Chiu destroyed a pitch from eventual winner Salvador Justo (1-0) with Donovan Casey aboard, evening the game at 3-3.
Quakes' starter Leo Crawford was strong on Tuesday, as he allowed one run on just four hits, while striking out six over five innings of work in the no-decision.
The Quakes (23-16) will go with Michael Grove (0-1) on Wednesday in game three of the series. The JetHawks have not yet officially named a starter for Wednesday's contest, which begins at 6:35pm.
The Quakes will be back home on Friday, May 17th, as they take on the Modesto Nuts in the opening game of a six-game home stand. Friday is Justin Turner Bobblehead Giveaway, as 1500 fans will take home a bobblehead, thanks to San Manuel Casino. Don't forget that Saturday is Safeco Insurance Star Wars Fireworks Night, with a spectacular Fireworks Show to follow Saturday's game. Tickets are available by calling (909) 481-5000 or online at rcquakes.com. We hope to see you at LoanMart Field...Go Quakes!
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Wednesday's San Jose Giants Game Postponed Due to Rain - San Jose Giants
- Giants Edge 66ers to Take First Two Games of Four-Game Set - Inland Empire 66ers
- Storm Surge Early, Beat Ports 9-4 - Stockton Ports
- Rawhide Get Shut out for the Second Time this Season by the Nuts 9-0 - Visalia Rawhide
- Castro Hits Walk-Off Homer Tuesday - Lancaster JetHawks
- JetHawks Walk off on Tuesday; Rancho Lead Down to One - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Nuts Record Second Shutout with 9-0 Win - Modesto Nuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.