Rawhide Get Shut out for the Second Time this Season by the Nuts 9-0
VISALIA, CA - Rawhide snap a 11-game win streak at home and drop game two of a four-game series against Modesto.
Rawhide starter, Matt Mercer , gave up five earned runs on six hits and two walks in five innings. All five runs came off the long ball. Eugene Helder had a solo shot in the second and Matt Sanders hit a grand slam in the fourth. That was his first homerun of the season to make it 5-0.
Jayson McKinley pitched a scoreless six inning in relief, but gave up four in the seventh inning. With bases loaded and nobody out, he walked in two runs. Sanders earned another run batted when Jack Larson scored off a fielder's choice. Luis Liberato scored the final run of the game when Anthony Jiminez singled to left fielder.
Mercer was the losing pitcher and Nuts' starter, Logan Gilbert earned his first win. Tomorrow night is game three of a four game series. Josh Green and Ray Kerr are the expected starters for the 6pm start.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Wednesday's San Jose Giants Game Postponed Due to Rain - San Jose Giants
- Giants Edge 66ers to Take First Two Games of Four-Game Set - Inland Empire 66ers
- Storm Surge Early, Beat Ports 9-4 - Stockton Ports
- Rawhide Get Shut out for the Second Time this Season by the Nuts 9-0 - Visalia Rawhide
- Castro Hits Walk-Off Homer Tuesday - Lancaster JetHawks
- JetHawks Walk off on Tuesday; Rancho Lead Down to One - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Nuts Record Second Shutout with 9-0 Win - Modesto Nuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.