Jeremy Ebobisse Named to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Roster
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Timbers forward Jeremy Ebobisse has been called in by the U.S. U-23 Men's National Team to compete in the United International Football Festival from Nov. 7-17 in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, it was announced today. The U-23 MNT will face Brazil on Thursday, Nov. 14, and then play Argentina or Chile in the final or third-place match of the four-team tournament on Sunday, Nov. 17.
Ebobisse, who was recently called into the U.S. Men's National Team for a pre-camp in Bradenton, Fla., has earned one cap, starting and playing 66 minutes in a 3-0 win against Panama at University of Phoenix Stadium on Jan. 28, 2019. The Bethesda, Md., native was a member of the U.S. U-20 Men's National Team that won the 2017 Concacaf U-20 Championship, which in turn booked a qualifying spot for the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Korea Republic. Ebobisse tallied two goals in three appearances (one start) for the United States in the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup, scoring in a 2-1 loss to Venezuela in the quarterfinals on June 4, 2017.
In his third season with the Timbers, Ebobisse finished tied for first on the team with 11 goals and was the only player on the roster to appear in all 34 league games in 2019. Ebobisse set career highs in appearances (34), starts (25), minutes played (2,310) and goals scored (11) during the MLS regular-season campaign. Across all competitions, Ebobisse registered 12 goals and two assists across 39 appearances (30 starts) this year. Additionally, Ebobisse has made 53 consecutive appearances for Portland across all competitions, dating back to Sept. 8, 2018.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 7, 2019
- Seattle Filled with Sounders Spirit Ahead of Hosting Historic MLS Cup Final on Sunday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Quartet Invited to U.S. U-23 National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- FC Cincinnati Sign Costa Rica International Midfielder Allan Cruz to a Multi-Year Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- Seven Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call-Ups - Philadelphia Union
- Jeremy Ebobisse Named to U.S. U-23 Men's National Team Roster - Portland Timbers
- Nashville SC Hosting MLS Expansion Draft Party at Ole Red Nashville on Broadway - Nashville SC
- Eight Loons Called up to National Teams - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United Announce Postseason Tour Presented by Events DC in St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers to Begin 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Tournament Play in April
- Timbers Select Two Players in Final Two Rounds of 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Timbers Acquire $100,000 in General Allocation Money from Orlando City SC in Exchange for Eighth Overall Pick in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Timbers Complete Transfer of Chilean International Forward Felipe Mora from Pumas UNAM
- Timbers Acquire First-Round Pick in 2021 MLS SuperDraft from LA Galaxy in Exchange for Defender Jorge Villafana