Jazz Assign Grant Jerrett to Idaho Stampede
SALT LAKE CITY (March 10, 2015) - The Utah Jazz announced today that the team has assigned forward Grant Jerrett to the NBA Development League's Idaho Stampede, the Jazz's exclusive D-League affiliate. Jerrett is expected to be in uniform for the Stampede's game Friday, March 13 against the Los Angeles D-Fenders.
Jerrett (6-10, 232, Arizona) has seen action in one game for the Jazz since being acquired from Oklahoma City as part of a three-team trade on Feb. 19. He previously appeared in five games as a reserve for Oklahoma City, averaging 1.4 points in 5.0 minutes per contest.
The 21-year-old rookie also appeared in 10 games (nine starts) while on assignment with the Thunder's NBA Development League affiliate, the Oklahoma City Blue, averaging 14.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 25.5 minutes per game. He also spent the 2013-14 season with the Thunder's D-League affiliate, where he saw action in 27 games and averaged 15.1 points and 6.1 rebounds in 29.2 minutes per contest. Originally selected in the second round (40th overall) of the 2013 NBA Draft by the Portland Trail Blazers, Jerrett played one season at the University of Arizona after being named a 2012 McDonald's All-American and to the Jordan Brand Classic as a senior in high school.
Jerrett is the third player to be assigned to the D-League under the new Jazz-Stampede single affiliation, where he joins Jazz teammate Ian Clark, who is also currently on assignment. In addition to Clark and Jerrett, other players on the current Jazz roster with D-League experience include Jerrelle Benimon, Bryce Cotton, Jeremy Evans, Rudy Gobert and Elijah Millsap.
Jazz fans can watch Jerrett, Clark and all the Stampede games on the NBA D-League YouTube channel and through a YouTube video player on NBA.com/dleague.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 10, 2015
- Skyforce Cruise to Victory over Red Claws - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Energy Win Fifth Game in a Row - Iowa Wolves
- Legends Acquire Justin Dentmon - Texas Legends
- Blue Falls in Double Overtime Thriller - Oklahoma City Blue
- Santa Cruz Wins 9th Straight in Double-Overtime Thriller - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jazz Assign Grant Jerrett to Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Jazz Assign Grant Jerrett to NBA D-League's Idaho Stampede - G League
- Lakers Sign Jabari Brown from NBA D-League's Los Angeles D-Fenders - G League
- Lakers Sign Jabari Brown - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Red Claws Announce Expo Seating Upgrade - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.