Energy Win Fifth Game in a Row
Newark, DE - The Iowa Energy (21-17) won 117-107 over the Delaware 87ers (18-22) Tuesday night at the Bob Carpenter Center.
The Energy were led by Jarnell Stokes with 27 points and 15 rebounds for his third straight double-double. Kalin Lucas had 26 points and seven assists and Willie Reed had his fourth straight double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Sean Kilpatrick led the 87ers with 24 points and five rebounds. Iowa never trailed in the game.
The Energy got off to a quick start and quickly opened up a ten-point lead over the 87ers in the first quarter. Reed and Stokes added eight points to lead Iowa. Lucas and Damien Wilkins were on fire in the second quarter scoring a combined 26 points as the Energy outscored Delaware 41-23 and led 74-50 at halftime. Iowa shot 80% in the second quarter and 71 percent overall in the first half. Delaware shot just 39 percent with Victor Rudd leading the way with ten points.
Delaware came out strong to start the second half. They outscored the Energy 33-19 in the third and finished the quarter on a 24-9 run to pull within ten points of the Energy. Delaware continued to fight back in the fourth closing the gap to five points with :51.0 left to play before Iowa began to pull away again behind late free-throws from Stokes and Wilkins. The Energy went on to win 117-107 for their fifth straight victory.
Iowa returns home after a four-game road trip on Friday, March 20 at 7pm against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants on Country Night.
Iowa Energy 2014-2015 single game tickets are now on sale starting at just $8. 2015-2016 season tickets are on sale starting at just $299. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 10, 2015
- Skyforce Cruise to Victory over Red Claws - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Energy Win Fifth Game in a Row - Iowa Wolves
- Legends Acquire Justin Dentmon - Texas Legends
- Blue Falls in Double Overtime Thriller - Oklahoma City Blue
- Santa Cruz Wins 9th Straight in Double-Overtime Thriller - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jazz Assign Grant Jerrett to Idaho Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Jazz Assign Grant Jerrett to NBA D-League's Idaho Stampede - G League
- Lakers Sign Jabari Brown from NBA D-League's Los Angeles D-Fenders - G League
- Lakers Sign Jabari Brown - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Red Claws Announce Expo Seating Upgrade - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.