Jackson Chourio, No. 2 Prospect in Baseball, Promoted to Sounds
NASHVILLE - The Nashville Sounds and Milwaukee Brewers have announced that outfielder Jackson Chourio, the top prospect in the Brewers' organization and the No. 2 prospect in baseball (MLB Pipeline and Baseball America), has been promoted to Nashville from Double-A Biloxi. The 19-year-old phenom from Maracaibo, Venezuela is set to make his Triple-A debut this week at First Horizon Park.
Chourio played the full 2023 season with the Shuckers where he became the first Double-A player to have 20 home runs and 40 stolen bases in a season since 2005. The outfielder led the Southern League with 143 hits and 238 total bases. He also ranked in the top five among league leaders in runs (T-1st, 84), RBI (2nd, 89), home runs (T-4th, 22), batting average (5th, .280), stolen bases (5th, 43).
The two-time MLB All-Star Futures Game selection becomes the youngest player at the Triple-A level. He finished the second half of the Double-A season on a tear, hitting safely in 23 of his last 24 games with Biloxi. Chourio rapidly rose through the minor leagues last season, starting the year with Single-A Carolina and making it to the Shuckers to end 2022. The international free agent was signed by the Brewers on January 15, 2021.
The Nashville Sounds conclude the regular season at home with a six-game series against the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp. The first pitch for the series opener is on Tuesday, September 19 at 6:35 p.m. CDT from First Horizon Park.
The Nashville Sounds are the Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers and play at First Horizon Park. Single-game tickets for the rest of the 2023 season are on sale now. For more information call 615-690-4487 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 18, 2023
- Jackson Chourio, No. 2 Prospect in Baseball, Promoted to Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- On Deck at the Vic: Fan Appreciation Weekend Wraps Final Homestand - Indianapolis Indians
- Kavadas & Sogard Homer, WooSox Win Final Home Game of Season at Polar Park - Worcester Red Sox
- Orelvis Martinez Named International League Player of the Week - Buffalo Bisons
- Storm Chasers Announce 2023 Award Winners - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bieber Unhittable in Rehab Appearance - Columbus Clippers
- IronPigs Raise over $21,000 on Strike out Cancer Night for Topper Cancer Institute and the PC Hope Foundation - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- WRAL and Durham Bulls Announce Wool E. Bull's Winter Wonderland - Durham Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.