Jacks Give Up Five Third Period Goals in Game One Loss
(Odessa, TX) - The Texas Brahmas scored four goals in a 6:44 span and never looked back as they took a game one win from the Odessa Jackalopes on Friday night at the Ector County Coliseum in the Southern Conference Semifinals.
Matt Pierce, Lee Jubinville, Justin Kinnunen, Tyrel Mason and AJ Gale all scored for the Brahmas. Mike Lesperance scored for Odessa at 8:24 to make it a 4-2 deficit but that's as close as the Jackalopes would get.
Alex Dunn gave Odessa a 1-0 lead with a power play goal in the first period at 12:14.
Brett Jaeger picked up the win for Texas stopping 29 of 31 shots. Odessa's Joel Martin took the loss making 26 saves.
Odessa and Texas continue their Southern Conference Semifinal series on Saturday with game two slated for a 7:05 PM puck drop. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is in the middle of their 13th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
Follow the Jackalopes all year long on Facebook and Twitter -- Twitter.com/ODEJackalopes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2010
- Blaznek's OT Goal Completes Game 1 Rally - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Americans drop first playoff game 4-3 to Laredo - Allen Americans
- Mudbugs Come Back For Game 1 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Bucks Rally To Win Game One - Laredo Bucks
- Third period fireworks give Brahmas Game One win - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Jacks Give Up Five Third Period Goals in Game One Loss - Odessa Jackalopes
- Odessa Tops Final Yellowbook CHL Coaches Poll - CHL
- Mudbugs To Open Playoffs Tonight Vs. Eagles - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- CHL Partners With Bieler Bros. Records To "Rock The Playoffs" - CHL
- Mavericks Face Rush In Northern Conference Semifinals - Kansas City Mavericks
- Venom Energy Partners With Venom Football - Amarillo Gorillas
- RiverKings Fan Appreciation Party Set For Monday Night - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Missouri Clinches First Round Series With Win Over RiverKings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rush And Mavericks Meet In North Semifinals - CHL
- Mavericks Advance With 3-1 Win Over Mississippi - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.