Jacks Enter Playoffs After Finishing Record Season
(Odessa, TX) - The Odessa Jackalopes set a new franchise record with their 48th win last week and now wait to see who they will meet in the Conference Semifinals as Texas and Corpus Christi play their opening round series this week.
Last week's record: 3-0-0
Season overall: 48-11-5
Wednesday at Laredo, 4-3 (SO) Win
Brian Swiniarski scored a pair of goals during regulation, and Seabstien Thinel and Dominic Leveille each scored shootout goals in the win. Joel Martin stopped all four Laredo shooters. Mike Ramsay also had two assists in the game.
Friday vs. Laredo, 4-3 (OT) Win
Laredo forced overtime after scoring a pair of third period goals, but Phil Plante scored the overtime winner from Sebastien Thinel. Juha Toivonen made 25 saves in the win as the Jackalopes finished the season going 6-1-0 against the Bucks.
Saturday vs. Rapid City, 4-2 Win
Dominic Leveille scored a pair of goals as the Jackalopes set a new franchise record with their 48th win of the season. The win gave Odessa 102 points on the year to become the CHL's first 100-point team since the 2003-04 Laredo Bucks.
-- Upcoming Games --
Conference Semifinals vs. TBA
Game One will be on either Friday, March 26th or Saturday, March 27th and Game Two will be played the following day at the Ector County Coliseum. Game One will have a 7:05 PM start time. If Game Two is played on a Sunday it will begin at 4:05 PM. The Jackalopes will host either the Corpus Christi IceRays or Texas Brahmas, who are playing each other in the three-game opening round series. The length of that series will decide when Odessa plays its first playoff game.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is in the middle of their 13th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2010
- Hiebert Gives Texas 1-0 Lead In Opening Round Over 'Rays - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Hold Off RiverKings Playoff Series Opener - Mississippi RiverKings
- Allen Americans Weekly Notes - Allen Americans
- Shots From The Point - CHL
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Colorado's Kevin Ulanski Named Most Valuable Player - CHL
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- Jacks Announce Playoff Roster - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mudbugs Announce 19-Man Playoff Roster - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- CHL-TV Ready For The Post-Season - CHL
- Season Wrap Up - Tulsa Oilers
- RiverKings Open Playoff Trail Tonight In Missouri - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Playoff Ticket Packages Remain On Sale - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Set Playoff Roster: Add Cullaton, Release Lincourt - Laredo Bucks
- Desmet Added For Playoffs - Mississippi RiverKings
- Thunder Closes Season With Road Losses - Wichita Thunder
- Jacks Enter Playoffs After Finishing Record Season - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.