Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes picked up points in six of their seven games during the annual "Rodeo Road Trip". The Jacks now kick off a six-game homestand starting with "Pink at the Rink" weekend this Friday and Saturday against Rapid City
Last week's record: 1-1-1
Season overall: 19-15-5
Wednesday at Arizona, 5-3 Loss
Jeff Pierce and Dominic Leveille scored less than three minutes apart late in the third period make it a 4-3 game, but Arizona's Patrick Schafer scored an empty-net goal in the game's closing seconds to seal the Sundogs' win.
Friday at Arizona, 3-2 (OT) Loss
Arizona's Luke Erickson scored the game-tying goal with 8:26 to play in the third period then added the game-winner just 1:05 into overtime. Odessa received goals from Darryl Bootland and Mike Ramsay - both in the second period.
Saturday at Arizona, 6-5 (SO) Win
Mike Ramsay was credited with the game-winner after scoring the only goal in the shootout, while Michel Robinson turned away Joey Sides in round five to grab the win for the Jacks. Ramsay finished with two goals in the game. Jeff Pierce, Todd Robinson, Darryl Bootland, and Kenny Corupe also scored for the Jacks.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Friday vs. Rapid City, 7:05 PM CST
Saturday vs. Rapid City, 7:05 PM CST
The defending Presidents' Cup champions make their first visit to the Permian Basin this season for "Pink at the Rink" weekend. The Jackalopes won each of the two previous meetings this season against Rapid City, outscoring the Rush 11-2. Rapid City is 19-17-4 on the year, just four points out of first place.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Mike Ramsay's 16 shots on goal at Arizona on Saturday were the most since the 2001 CHL/WPHL merger. The CHL record is 19 by Tulsa's Luc Beausoleil (boh-soh-LAY).Ramsay is on a four-game point streak with seven points (four goals, three assists) over that span.Friday's overtime loss at Arizona brought an end to Sebastien Thinel's 10-game point streak, his second 10-game point streak and the highest on the team this season.Despite being pulled from Saturday's game at Arizona, the Jacks still have not lost in regulation in all five of David McKee's starts since joining the team (3-0-2) - picking up standings points in each of those contests.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 24, 2011
- Shots from the Point for January 24, 2011 - CHL
- Mudbugs to Clash with Brahmas Tomorrow at 6:35 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mallards Weekly Update: January 24 - Quad City Mallards
- Berube Signs PTO with San Antonio - Allen Americans
- Bennefield Named Player of the Week - Wichita Thunder
- CHL Oakley CHL Player of the Week Announced - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- PrairieThunder this Week - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Komets Southbound - Fort Wayne Komets
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Dayton Gems: Weekend Review - Dayton Gems
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Sizzling Oilers Home Twice - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Sweeps Three-in-Three - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Icemen Back Home After Successful 3-Game Road Trek - Evansville IceMen
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen