Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - After completing last week with four straight wins over the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees, the Odessa Jackalopes now embark on their annual "rodeo road trip" with a pair of game at Texas this week.
Last week's record: 4-0-0
Season overall: 16-14-2
Tuesday at Rio Grande Valley, 5-3 Win
David McKee made his debut for the Jackalopes with a 32-save performance in Odessa's victory. Dominic Leveille scored two goals in the third period, including the game-winner, and Todd Robinson finished the night with four points, all assists.
Wednesday at Rio Grande Valley, 3-1 Win
Joel Martin stopped 30 shots and limited the Bees to just one goal for his ninth win of the year. Kenny Corupe, Kenny Bernard, and Mike Ramsay scored for the Jackalopes as they hit the .500-mark for the first time since October 16th.
Friday vs. Rio Grande Valley, 6-5 Win
The Jackalopes stepped over the .500-mark for the first time this year in a wild contest that featured a penalty-filled second period and a brawl as the buzzer sounded to end the game. Mike Ramsay scored two goals for the Jacks.
Saturday vs. Rio Grande Valley 5-2 Win
Power play goals from Phil Plante and Mike Ramsay in the third period turned a one-goal lead for Odessa into a 5-2 win. David McKee stopped 39 shots to improve to 2-0-0 since joining the Jackalopes. It's the first time this year Odessa has won four straight games.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Friday at Texas, 7:30 PM CST
Saturday at Texas, 7:30 PM CST
The Jacks and Brahmas hook up for the fifth and sixth meetings of the year this weekend. Odessa is 1-3-0 against the Brahmas this season, being outscored 21-14. Sebastien Thinel leads the Jacks with six points in the series, all assists. The Brahmas' Greg Hogeboom has two goals and seven assists for nine points against the Jackalopes.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Mike Ramsay and Kenny Corupe are each on four-game point streaks.Ramsay has scored nine points over his four-game point streak, six goals and three assists.Since joining the Jacks David McKee is 2-0-0 with a 2.50 GAA and a .934 SV%...Todd Robinson has 17 points (five goals, 12 assists) against Rio Grande Valley this season.Sebastien Thinel is on a five-game point streak with 10 points (one goal, nine assists) over that span.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2011
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Allen's Bruce Graham Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Rush Acquire Konrad Reeder from Sundogs in Exchange for Jamie VanderVeeken - Rapid City Rush
- 'Dogs Acquire D-Man Jamie VanderVeeken from Rapid City - Arizona Sundogs
- Five Days Rest Much Needed for Dayton Gems - Dayton Gems
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Komets Ride Point Streak into 2011 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Easing Up - Tulsa Oilers
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Komet Legend Colin Lister Passes - Fort Wayne Komets
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.