Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - Struggles continue for the Odessa Jackalopes as they look to snap their six-game winless streak (0-5-1) this week with a pair of home games before traveling to Allen, TX to face the Americans.
Last week's record: 0-3-0
Season overall: 2-9-1
Friday at Texas, 4-1 Loss
The Jackalopes held a 1-0 lead entering the third period, but the Brahmas' offense sparked in the third by scoring two goals in the first three minutes. Calin Wild and Jim Burichin were the Texas scorers. Jeff Pierce was responsible for Odessa's lone goal in the contest.
Saturday vs. Allen, 4-3 Loss
Odessa's Todd Robinson tied the game at 3-3 with just over a minute to play in regulation, but Allen's Nino Musitelli applied the final blow with just 1.3 seconds remaining to give Allen the late win. Mike Ramsay and Mike Lesperance also scored for Odessa. Adrien LeMay stopped 40 shots for the Americans.
Sunday vs. Allen, 2-1 Loss
Allen's Judd Blackwater scored on a one-timer from the right circle, seven minutes into the third period for the game-winning goal. Blackwater's power play goal was part of a third period where five of seven penalties were called against Odessa, including four in a 94 second span.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Tuesday vs. Rio Grande Valley
It's the third meeting of the season between the Jackalopes and Killer Bees. Rio Grande Valley won the first two games, one in regulation and one in a 16-round shootout. This will be the first meeting between the two clubs in Odessa.
Thursday vs. Wichita
The Wichita Thunder come to the Ector County Coliseum for the only meeting this season against the Jackalopes. Wichita has won six of their last seven games (6-0-1) and is off to a 6-4-1 start this season.
Saturday vs. Allen
Saturday's game will be the third meeting of the season between Odessa and the Americans. Odessa is 0-2-0 against Allen this season after a pair of one-goal losses this weekend at home.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Odessa's Mike Ramsay is currently sitting on 99 goals in his professional career.Odessa's Saturday loss vs. Allen was Paul Gillis' 200th game behind the bench for the Jackalopes.Saturday's game was also the 447th game for Sebastien Thinel in an Odessa uniform, passing Scott Hillman for the most in franchise history.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 15, 2010
- Shots from the Point for November 15, 2010 - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Texas Stars Recall Lemay from Allen - Allen Americans
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Derek Leblanc Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - Rapid City Rush
- Rapid City's Derek LeBlanc Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Komets Home for Double-Header Weekend; Columbus Assigns Defenseman Delisle to Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Thunder Splits Weekend - Wichita Thunder
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Home At Last - Tulsa Oilers
- Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Mayor, City of Laredo to Honor Bucks' Bes Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Hartford Wolf Pack And Tulsa Oilers Highlighted On Puska On Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Road Crew Gears up for Another Highway Cleanup - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.