Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - The Odessa Jackalopes dropped both of their weekend games, despite late surges in the third period of each game, to close out their season-opening road trip. Odessa starts their home season this week with a pair of games against the visiting Laredo Bucks.
Last week's record: 0-2-0
Season overall: 1-3-0
Friday at Bloomington, 5-4 Loss
The Odessa Jackalopes fell behind, 5-2, midway through the third period before Darryl Bootland and Sebastien Thinel each scored to close the gap to one. Despite pulling the goalie for the extra attacker, Bloomington's defense held on to hand Odessa the loss.
Saturday at Dayton, 5-3 Loss
The Jackalopes found themselves in 4-1 hole in the third period, and again struck back with two quick goals to tighten to gap. This time is was Kenny Bernard and Darryl Bootland. With the extra attacker on the ice, Chris Lipsett added an empty-net goal for Dayton to finalize the 5-3 score.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Thursday vs. Laredo, 7:05 PM CST
Saturday vs. Laredo, 7:05 PM CST
The Odessa Jackalopes open the home portion of their schedule against the rival Laredo Bucks. The Bucks are off to a 1-1-1 start this season and led by long-time leader, Jeff Bes. Last season the Jackalopes were 6-1-0 against the Bucks. Five of the seven meetings between the teams needed overtime or a shootout to decide a winner.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Sebastien Thinel is one point away from 600 in his pro career.Darryl Bootland's third period goal against Dayton on Saturday was the 250th point of his career.Malcolm Gwilliam was signed to Odessa's roster over the weekend.Dominic Leveille, Brady Leisenring, and Garrett Gruenke are all scheduled to come off the 10-day IR this week.The CHL's suspension of head coach Paul Gillis has concluded, and Saturday's game vs. Dayton was his first behind the bench this season.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from October 25, 2010
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Mavericks Trade Sellan to Arizona - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Re-Acquire Sellan from Missouri; Delforte Placed on 10-Day I.R. - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings in the Community - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Colorado Eagles Week in Review - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Colorado's Scott May Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Four Games, Two Foes - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs and Freedom Station to Host 'Meet the Team' Party this Wednesday - Arizona Sundogs
- Sundogs Notes: Week of October 25, 2010 - Arizona Sundogs
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Welcome Back Legends - Laredo Bucks
- IceMen Claim First-Ever Win in CHL - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.